Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

2 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I agree casey does need help. has needed it for a while. I disagree that we don't have a number 1 WR. davis is clearly a number one wide out. had he had a consistent qb through out the season and was not in an offense that had no other receiving threat than him, he would have EASILY gone over 1000 yards. probably close to 1150-1200 yards. wake is still productive. don't look his age as much as you look at the years he's played. he's 37 but started playing when he was 27 so he only has 10 years of game play. its not like he's a 16 year vet. other than

Don’t say that too loud around here....

Wake is 37 and his play has declined. Doesn’t matter if he just started playing when he was 35. He’s a limited player at this point and likely won’t play past this season. It’s still a huge need because of that.

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Don’t say that too loud around here....

Wake is 37 and his play has declined. Doesn’t matter if he just started playing when he was 35. He’s a limited player at this point and likely won’t play past this season. It’s still a huge need because of that.

play has declined? where are you getting this from? he had a 81 pff pass rush grade last year with 6.5 sacks and he only played 47% of the defensive snaps... that's great to me for a 37 year old guy. his role as decreased maybe, but his play has not. whether or not he plays past this season remains to be seen... I agree that's it a huge need tho.. I want brian burns in the 1st if we go edge to help keep him around 50% of the snaps but Vrabel just said that if he's dominating, he wont be on a pitch count, so who knows.

Edited by Airness McNairness

38 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

play has declined? where are you getting this from? he had a 81 pff pass rush grade last year with 6.5 sacks and he only played 47% of the defensive snaps... that's great to me for a 37 year old guy. his role as decreased maybe, but his play has not. whether or not he plays past this season remains to be seen... I agree that's it a huge need tho.. I want brian burns in the 1st if we go edge to help keep him around 50% of the snaps but Vrabel just said that if he's dominating, he wont be on a pitch count, so who knows.

It’s a waist of time arguing people are stuck in his age that he’s 37 😩 but tell me how many young guys in the league can still produce like this 37 year old on our roster 🤔 I’ll wait 

• Like 3

Is Brian Burns worthy of a 1st round pick?

I look at his highlights and only see a very undersized Speech rusher w/ very few counter moves. Dude needs like a year in the weight room and a lot of technique help. I don’t think we can afford to take him on as a project. If Montez Sweat is there, then I say we defintely take him over Brian Burns.

Edited by Mariota615TN

1 hour ago, Mariota615TN said:

I look at his highlights and only see a very undersized Speech rusher w/ very few counter moves. Dude needs like a year in the weight room and a lot of technique help. I don’t think we can afford to take him on as a project. If Montez Sweat is there, then I say we defintely take him over Brian Burns.

He won't be.  He'll be gone in the top 10.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

It’s a waist of time arguing people are stuck in his age that he’s 37 😩 but tell me how many young guys in the league can still produce like this 37 year old on our roster 🤔 I’ll wait 

exactly. age aint nothing but a number. hell, Brady is 42 and still going. people cant see the forest for the trees.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mariota615TN said:

really? I watched him and kind of fell in love with him. long, lanky limbs. pretty good spin move, speed to power moves looked decent enough. heard rumblings that he might be looked at as a second round pick in league circles, then I read somewhere that teams in the 10-16 range have had or will have him in for visits. idk.. if we chose him, I wouldn't be mad. the fact that he's 20 years old makes me happy as well.

20 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

really? I watched him and kind of fell in love with him. long, lanky limbs. pretty good spin move, speed to power moves looked decent enough. heard rumblings that he might be looked at as a second round pick in league circles, then I read somewhere that teams in the 10-16 range have had or will have him in for visits. idk.. if we chose him, I wouldn't be mad. the fact that he's 20 years old makes me happy as well.

Yeah, but the fact that he’s 20 really means he’s a developmental prospect. I just don’t think we have the luxury to take 2 years to develop him. 

50 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

Yeah, but the fact that he’s 20 really means he’s a developmental prospect. I just don’t think we have the luxury to take 2 years to develop him. 

That can change if we sign more depth like a ziggy Ansah. Me for 1 I’m always draft based on 3 things, 1 best player available over need. 2 potential if the game tape & the guys character match, ex is he’s  coachable is he’s a football junkie works his a$$ off. 3 his  intangibles 

23 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

That can change if we sign more depth like a ziggy Ansah. Me for 1 I’m always draft based on 3 things, 1 best player available over need. 2 potential if the game tape & the guys character match, ex is he’s  coachable is he’s a football junkie works his a$$ off. 3 his  intangibles 

I’m down for Ziggy. I just don’t see JRob being interested, though.

I don’t think we can afford to go BPA in this draft. Chances are BPA at 19 will either be a T, WR, or TE. I think JRob will have to move up if he wants someone like Christian Wilkins. If not, I wouldn’t be opposed to Dexter Lawrence. If we stay at 19, I think a dark horse pick could be Cody Ford (move in to Guard) — he’s a mauler and would be perfect for Henry’s Running style. 

Ford wouldn’t be a sexy pick but would fill a need in a hugeee way.

Heck, I am more so worried about who the Colts draft than us. They have a ton of picks and if the GM strikes gold again, we have no chance of overtaking them anytime soon. 

I mean the more I think about it, maybe the best defense is a great running game on our part for when we play the Colts? Keep the clock going and keep Luck off the field. 

Also, their coach has said recently they themeselves want to be a Top 5 rushing team. Lord.

9 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

Heck, I am more so worried about who the Colts draft than us. They have a ton of picks and if the GM strikes gold again, we have no chance of overtaking them anytime soon. 

I mean the more I think about it, maybe the best defense is a great running game on our part for when we play the Colts? Keep the clock going and keep Luck off the field. 

Also, their coach has said recently they themeselves want to be a Top 5 rushing team. Lord.

I actually think we can overtake them but only if the past Rush improves & our passing game. I think Arthur Smith is going to shock us this year & we're going to have a balanced offense. Reason being is that mariota wont have to learn a new system, & he knows what works best with Marcus.. that being said 2 TE sets & mix it in with 4 wide spread attacking the middle of the field & Corey Davis & Delanie dominating