Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

14 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I wonder how it will play out. Byard is going to obviously get paid. Beyond that though, Marcus will probably be given a big extension, but that’s definitely not a lock. I have no idea what Conklin is looking at. And, as a fairly limited back and playing at a position that simply doesn’t get huge money unless you’re one of the top two or three backs, I can’t imagine Henry getting much more than 4/30, even if he has a good year.

Yeah me too.

My guesses:

Byard 5 yr $75 Million---$15ish mill per yer ($40 guaranteed).
Marcus 4 yr $90 Million---$22ish mil basically going forward with what he has now...slight raise. (More year to year after 2 years.)
Henry 4 yr $28Million
Conklin- Might get tagged after the option is picked up. Just because no real answer about how good he can be. 

• Like 1

Kuharsky reported Mariota was injured a lot more than we knew in 2018:

Ulnar nerve injury suffered week 1

Neck stinger vs Colts in November

Re-injured it vs Washington in week 16(these the things that were well known)

Also had a cracked vertebra that seemingly happened in that Colts game as well

Had a "significant tear" of his plantar fascia in a foot at some point that apparently tore all the way in week 16(though that's apparently actually a good thing per Kuharsky's report as finally tearing all the way relieves a lot of the pain)

On top of that, he also had a strained oblique, broken rib and sprained AC shoulder joint during the season.

36 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I will say it’s encouraging to see two of the FOs that are among the best in the league at evaluating offensive personnel were both in on Humphries.

Team this with the idea that Brown was too much. I think it was either/or.  Humphries younger and cheaper. Not as good obviously, but more long term potential than Brown? 

4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Kuharsky reported Mariota was injured a lot more than we knew in 2018:

Ulnar nerve injury suffered week 1

Neck stinger vs Colts in November

Re-injured it vs Washington in week 16(these the things that were well known)

Also had a cracked vertebra that seemingly happened in that Colts game as well

Had a "significant tear" of his plantar fascia in a foot at some point that apparently tore all the way in week 16(though that's apparently actually a good thing per Kuharsky's report as finally tearing all the way relieves a lot of the pain)

On top of that, he also had a strained oblique, broken rib and sprained AC shoulder joint during the season.

I was sort of waiting for someone to bring this up...since I have gone through a very similat situation which happened Jan 7th and is still affecting me today.

I had a pinched nerve/stinger on Jan 7th and for the first 3 and 1/2 weeks it literally was like a 9/10 pain in my arm from the elbow to my thumb any time I was standing or had weight on my arm...like just hanging. I had to take sleeping aids to be able to get 4-5 hours of sleep. I am no elite athelete but was probably in the best shape I had ever been in, but working out or really any activity was excruciating for weeks. The injury caused my right arm strenght to plummet...I injured it doing 100 lb dumbbell bench press, one month after I went to the gym and could not do 35 lbs more than once!!!

As of now my index finger and thumb are still numb, the forearm pain comes and goes and I can hardly do 10 push-ups. 

Having gone through something similar to what he did, I think I definitely was underestimating his toughness and how difficult it must have been to play at the highest level. 

Having said all of that...the truth is that toughness is a great thing....but the question with Marcus is can he avoid the injury so he doesn't have to play through so many injuries.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Team this with the idea that Brown was too much. I think it was either/or.  Humphries younger and cheaper. Not as good obviously, but more long term potential than Brown? 

Or less short term potential to blow up and bail on the team at the worst possible time?

Sorry.  I am not a Brown fan.  You can get away with a lot as a diva WR these days but you don't quit on your team.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 3:40 PM, ShupacTakur said:

Didn't KT post in the "guy of the guy" thread that we apparently like the Stidham kid from Auburn? I could see us taking a flyer on him if he drops below the 4th round or so. He was really solid in 2017. Some even considered him a dark horse heisman candidate this past year, but that entire offense totally face planted. I never thought he fit Gus Malzahn's system anyway. 

Yea another guy I wouldn’t mind. I’d hope not to spend a pick on a QB in the first 4 rounds though.

6 minutes ago, titanrick said:

Or less short term potential to blow up and bail on the team at the worst possible time?

Sorry.  I am not a Brown fan.  You can get away with a lot as a diva WR these days but you don't quit on your team.

Yeah, I was breathing a sigh of relief when he went elsewhere.

2 hours ago, titanrick said:

I wouldn’t have been worried about it. Our quarterback isn’t a human trash can that would constantly throw other players under the bus in order to feel better about himself. I think, as Ben chases away the best players on his offense, people will start to recognize where the problem actually lies.

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I wouldn’t have been worried about it. Our quarterback isn’t a human trash can that would constantly throw other players under the bus in order to feel better about himself. I think, as Ben chases away the best players on his offense, people will start to recognize where the problem actually lies.

Brown 1000% would’ve made a fuss the minute we go on a 3 game losing streak and he gets 7 total targets across those games, cuz that’s what we do as an offense.

not saying I wouldn’t have wanted Brown. But we wouldn’t cater our offense to him like we should.