Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Looks like the Rams won’t resign Suh. If he wants to play on the west coast his options are kind of limited especially if he want some to win. Is he really going to go to Arizona or San Fran? Seattle and the Chargers are pretty light with cap space.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:35 AM, KingTitan said:

Yeah me too.

My guesses:

Byard 5 yr $75 Million---$15ish mill per yer ($40 guaranteed).
Marcus 4 yr $90 Million---$22ish mil basically going forward with what he has now...slight raise. (More year to year after 2 years.)
Henry 4 yr $28Million
Conklin- Might get tagged after the option is picked up. Just because no real answer about how good he can be. 

real good numbers projection. i could most def see these guys getting those type of numbers

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Looks like the Rams won’t resign Suh. If he wants to play on the west coast his options are kind of limited especially if he want some to win. Is he really going to go to Arizona or San Fran? Seattle and the Chargers are pretty light with cap space.

I know he wasn't dominant last year but he was still pretty good and turned it up in the playoffs. I wouldn't mind throwing some money his way just like we did last year and seeing if we can get him. We have to get Casey some help on the d-line and with the inexperience we're gonna have at OLB outside of Wake, the more pass rush we can get from the DL the better.

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I know he wasn't dominant last year but he was still pretty good and turned it up in the playoffs. I wouldn't mind throwing some money his way just like we did last year and seeing if we can get him. We have to get Casey some help on the d-line and with the inexperience we're gonna have at OLB outside of Wake, the more pass rush we can get from the DL the better.

Yea I’m not the biggest fan of his but on a 1 or 2 yr deal, I’m not against it. Gives us even more flexibility by maybe taking my favorite player in Jeffery Simmons. Sits for a year due to the injury and heals up. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life

We still have 4 positions that need a serious upgrade going into the draft. Surprisingly, they're the same 4 positions going into FA, although the order may have shifted some. Who of these 4 are you most comfortable with playing significant roles and wheres the biggest need to upgrade?

RG - Pamphile (projected as the starter) 

DL - Daquan Jones, Austin Johnson

WR - Taywan Taylor (outside) 

OLB/Edge - Cameron Wake/Kam Correa

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

We still have 4 positions that need a serious upgrade going into the draft. Surprisingly, they're the same 4 positions going into FA, although the order may have shifted some. Who of these 4 are you most comfortable with playing significant roles and wheres the biggest need to upgrade?

RG - Pamphile (projected as the starter) 

DL - Daquan Jones, Austin Johnson

WR - Taywan Taylor (outside) 

OLB/Edge - Cameron Wake/Kam Correa

Of that Group I'm most comfortable with the DL. Least comfortable with the OLB group.

Honestly don't think we "need" to invest in the DL right now. I do think it would be nice to upgrade and help Casey but I think we would be better off getting him that help from the OLB group. Last year the current DL group helped this team give up the 3rd fewest points in the NFL so I would be fine going into the season with that group unchanged. The OLB group scares the crap out of me. We replaced two ageing and rapidly declining players in Morgan and Orakpo with and even older and probably declining Wake. I thought the point was to get younger and more productive and going into the season having Wake and  presumably a rookie as our 2nd and 3rd option doesn't sound like a great plan to me.

Right now my list would be

OLB- Wake needs to split time with someone and there is no FA's left so this has to be the biggest need.

RG- I have this as my number two need but its possible to get a starter on the OL much later in the draft than most other positions.

WR- I just don't trust Taylor enough and one injury ruins our depth.

DL- like I already said, this unit being unchanged is fine with me.

• Like 1

I would order it

1. Pass rush: Landry/Wake/Correa is not an adequate starting trio

2. DL: Jurrell Casey is coming off of an injury, so we're already weaker, and bolstering the interior pass rush would help Need No. 1

3. RG: Pamphile can probably do a passable job, but Jones will probably need replacing in a couple years too

4. WR: I don't love our WR group, but Corey Davis is good, Humphries will help, and we have a good group of TEs that ought to see a lot of passes; plus, when you're unsure of your QB, maybe don't build the team in a way that depends on his success.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

I would order it

1. Pass rush: Landry/Wake/Correa is not an adequate starting trio

2. DL: Jurrell Casey is coming off of an injury, so we're already weaker, and bolstering the interior pass rush would help Need No. 1

3. RG: Pamphile can probably do a passable job, but Jones will probably need replacing in a couple years too

4. WR: I don't love our WR group, but Corey Davis is good, Humphries will help, and we have a good group of TEs that ought to see a lot of passes; plus, when you're unsure of your QB, maybe don't build the team in a way that depends on his success.

I defiantly agree with 1.  Landry was way too inconsistent hopefully that changes  going forward I would love some one more dependable who can make the basic play 

2. I am wish washy on either way 1 or 2 has to be a major need we need 1 solid player who can help control make plays along the line of scrimmage 

3. Guard is one position that we can get a serviceable starter as late as round 4 in the draft. So move this down

4 I disagree here I love in theory our top three young guys but Taylor and sharpe are injury prone and can disappear at times though they showed improvement either way I want more reliable depth here besides Humphries.  In my mind one problem Marcus has had here is besides the revolving door at OC there is a revolving door with no1-3 WR.  No consistency    So move this up in front of 3 or even 2 if we can hit a home run with 1.   I also @gasp.  Would work in both cb help and RB help. I really thought our CB play really struggled game in game out   We were killed in our dime packages all year  

Edited by quiller

4 hours ago, quiller said:

4 I disagree here I love in theory our top three young guys but Taylor and sharpe are injury prone and can disappear at times though they showed improvement either way I want more reliable depth here besides Humphries.  In my mind one problem Marcus has had here is besides the revolving door at OC there is a revolving door with no1-3 WR.  No consistency    So move this up in front of 3 or even 2 if we can hit a home run with 1.   I also @gasp.  Would work in both cb help and RB help. I really thought our CB play really struggled game in game out   We were killed in our dime packages all year  

One is injury prone - Tajae the other is just plain inconsistent & it’s crazy he has a skill set that could potentially allow him to become a better pro than Davis, but he struggles with ball location & catching it at the highest point, understanding leverage & how to stack a DB when a corner is in hip pocket. & last but not least he sucks at reading coverage.

20 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

One is injury prone - Tajae the other is just plain inconsistent & it’s crazy he has a skill set that could potentially allow him to become a better pro than Davis, but he struggles with ball location & catching it at the highest point, understanding leverage & how to stack a DB when a corner is in hip pocket. & last but not least he sucks at reading coverage.

I'm still high on our tight end group when healthy.  Jonnu Smith is pretty clearly a solid TE2, if Delanie Walker is healthy again, then he's Mariota's go-to option, and I really liked what we saw from Firsker as a rookie.  Since TEs make a big jump year 2, I'm curious to see if he could potentially take some time from Smith (or Walker if Walker struggles initially).

That and we have a very good pass catching RB in Lewis means it's easier to be weak with the actual receivers, because the team should be strong with other "receivers."

Id love to go get suh lol. I know he goes ghost during the games and parts of the season but he would be a upgrade..He wants to stay on the west coast but people change their minds all the time.

maybe Wake can help bring him in :) lolol

Needs really haven’t changed IMO. Came into FA needing Edge, iOL, iDL, and WR help. We added a player at everyone of those positions except iDL.  Someone said the current DL helped this team have the 3rd fewest points allowed. That’s great and all but that DL was also a big part of being middle of the road in run defense at 18. Also that front had 8 sacks between them with 7 being from Casey who is coming off an injury. We need another 300+ lb who can create some kind of rush and isn’t a liability on passing downs. If I had to put the needs in order I’d go...

1.) iDL - CASEY NEEDS HELP!!! Bring me Oliver who can play OLB on early downs and DL on passing downs. We seem to like him at OLB but I highly doubt he’ll be able to play it every down.

2.) WR/TE - We have no true #1 WR and our TE is coming off a serious injury and is 35.  Jonnu Smith just finished his 2nd season with a season ending injury and hasn’t really developed the way we wanted. Pruitt and Firkser are solid depth guys but that’s it. That’s why I laugh when some hate the idea of drafting Hockensein or Fant at 19. Davis has the potential to be top guy but still not there. Humphries is a slot guy and I’ve given up on Sharpe and Taylor. 

3.) Edge - Wake is 80 and I highly doubt he lasts past 1 season so I feel we’ll be right back where we are next offseason needing an OLB. Not beating Luck or winning this division without pass-rushers.

4.) iOL - Jones is FA next offseason and Pamphile is slotted as the current starter at RG.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Needs really haven’t changed IMO. Came into FA needing Edge, iOL, iDL, and WR help. We added a player at everyone of those positions except iDL.  Someone said the current DL helped this team have the 3rd fewest points allowed. That’s great and all but that DL was also a big part of being middle of the road in run defense at 18. Also that front had 8 sacks between them with 7 being from Casey who is coming off an injury. We need another 300+ lb who can create some kind of rush and isn’t a liability on passing downs. If I had to put the needs in order I’d go...

1.) iDL - CASEY NEEDS HELP!!! Bring me Oliver who can play OLB on early downs and DL on passing downs. We seem to like him at OLB but I highly doubt he’ll be able to play it every down.

2.) WR/TE - We have no true #1 WR and our TE is coming off a serious injury and is 35.  Jonnu Smith just finished his 2nd season with a season ending injury and hasn’t really developed the way we wanted. Pruitt and Firkser are solid depth guys but that’s it. That’s why I laugh when some hate the idea of drafting Hockensein or Fant at 19. Davis has the potential to be top guy but still not there. Humphries is a slot guy and I’ve given up on Sharpe and Taylor. 

3.) Edge - Wake is 80 and I highly doubt he lasts past 1 season so I feel we’ll be right back where we are next offseason needing an OLB. Not beating Luck or winning this division without pass-rushers.

4.) iOL - Jones is FA next offseason and Pamphile is slotted as the current starter at RG.

I agree casey does need help. has needed it for a while. I disagree that we don't have a number 1 WR. davis is clearly a number one wide out. had he had a consistent qb through out the season and was not in an offense that had no other receiving threat than him, he would have EASILY gone over 1000 yards. probably close to 1150-1200 yards. wake is still productive. don't look his age as much as you look at the years he's played. he's 37 but started playing when he was 27 so he only has 10 years of game play. its not like he's a 16 year vet. other than