Mike Mayock nearing deal to be Raiders next GM.

TecmoSuperJoe

Gruden wanted a talent evaluator. He recognizes he's not cut out for full GM role or ranking college players, etc. Should be a good match. 

Gruden catches a lot of flack from the media, but this hiring shows a degree of resolve. Getting a pure talent evaluator, assuming he lets Mayock do his job, Gruden can focus on coaching. He was in over his head trying to be a HC/GM and play caller. This doesn't feel like a "yes man" hire, which is a positive. 

Just now, JBURGE said:

I kinda like this for the Raiders... but I will miss Mayock on NFLN, especially his mock

I would have given anything to be in the room for that interview.

If someone wants to get all of my footballs, splice together a gif of Mayock saying stuff like "oily hips" "good in a phone booth" and other scouting phrases mixed with progressively more enthused Gruden reaction gifs (at least some of which should be Frank Calliendo).

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I kinda like this for the Raiders... but I will miss Mayock on NFLN, especially his mock

I would have given anything to be in the room for that interview.

If someone wants to get all of my footballs, splice together a gif of Mayock saying stuff like "oily hips" "good in a phone booth" and other scouting phrases mixed with progressively more enthused Gruden reaction gifs (at least some of which should be Frank Calliendo).

Mark Davis, Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock walk into a bar...

I love Mayock and will miss his presence on NFLN, but good for him. He’s clearly knowledgable and not just a mouth-piece. I think he’ll be able to dedicate even more time to evaluating without worrying about scheduled TV, and he certainly has ins with the scouting community. I like this move.

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

I love Mayock and will miss his presence on NFLN, but good for him. He’s clearly knowledgable and not just a mouth-piece. I think he’ll be able to dedicate even more time to evaluating without worrying about scheduled TV, and he certainly has ins with the scouting community. I like this move.

This is a 200 IQ move for the Raiders fan base after all the negative press on Gruden this year. Mayock is so hard not to like

Archived