Dolphins fire Adam Gase and reassigned Tannenbaum

49erurtaza

39 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Gase to Denver now makes a whole lot of sense.

The Jets would make sense too. Him and Darnold could be a good pairing, IMO.

Gase & Elway don't get along, so sadly it would take a major change of heart and some patching of relationships for that to happen.   Sad to say it, I would be OK with Gase taking over in DEN, we need someone who can overhaul a bad O with a meh QB, he kind of has that skill down lol...

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

@49erurtaza - can you change headline to include Tannenbaum's ouster?  IMO, this is as big as Gase's departure.    Tannenbaum was the reason for MIA's sustained mediocrity.   Replacing him helps MIA far more than finding a new HC.

He was reassigned, he didn't resign. As per that tweet anyway

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Gase becomes a hot candidate for OC positions to the defensive teams with coaches on the hot seat. Minnesota, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Carolina.

And if the rumours from a couple days ago had any truth, Detroit

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Gase becomes a hot candidate for OC positions to the defensive teams with coaches on the hot seat. Minnesota, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Carolina.

I'll be curious to see if he gets another HC crack immediately. I don't know that he's a good head coach, but I also don't know that he's not yet. But this performance with the Dolphins was rather mediocre. I could see a successful pairing of him and Darnold as the HC of the Jets. 

As an OC, Minnesota would be a great git I think given the personnel, but at some point, OCs are going to be scared to take jobs with Zimmer for fear of being fired midseason. 

Just now, Forge said:

I'll be curious to see if he gets another HC crack immediately. I don't know that he's a good head coach, but I also don't know that he's not yet. But this performance with the Dolphins was rather mediocre. I could see a successful pairing of him and Darnold as the HC of the Jets. 

As an OC, Minnesota would be a great git I think given the personnel, but at some point, OCs are going to be scared to take jobs with Zimmer for fear of being fired midseason. 

I think the teams with the young QBs are going to be looking to copy the Eagles, Rams, Bears model.  Hot young dynamic OC to pair with their QBs. Lafleur, Kitchens, Bienemy, and maybe Helfrich.  Also dont count out Flip.  Yesterdays Minny performance really showed that the offensive woes weren't all on him.

Archived