2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

47 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Chickillos deal makes him easy cut next year...basically save $4.1 mill and only eat $1.3

Still terrible for a backup pass rusher who cant get to the QB unless he is unblocked.

• Like 3

I still hope we land Tate.

JuJu, Washington, Tate, Moncrief, and Rogers. Thats a solid 5 man rotation imo. Takes the pressure off of Washington early and he would be able to find his rythym place inside of the offense. It would also give Ben 4 reliable, productive targets with a 5th one in development. 

It'd likely take WR off the board, maybe not completely but probably at least with our first 3 picks.

If we could add a S or ILB FA afterward as well, we could sit and wait for players to come to us in the draft and I wouldnt have an issue at that point with Fant in round 1.

10 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm for this one. I know he's not got a lot left, but I think he can be a vast improvement to Chick and Ola/Adams.

I feel like this would be a lot like James Harrison in his last few productive years with the Steelers yeah he is older but I feel like we can squeeze the last bit of talent out of them and get some good production on the edge

I dont mind a Tate Signing, but it does permanently kick JuJu out of what is probably his best position in the slot. 

But I hate what it means for last years draft. Washington needed a lot of work. Love his technical receiving skills, but he came from 4 years of a college that ran 3 routes and had 0 thought process for the player. He can be very good - he has the tools to be, but he needs time to learn the detailed side of route running thanks to his college offense. If we sign Tate, that means they dont think he is ready for an extended role....this year. Hell, Moncreif might meant that anyway. But then to have drafted a guy in the second (and follow it up with a QB and a project T) when we so desperately needed defensive help...that would mean a huge punt by the FO. 

And thats probably not even the part that makes me mad. Im all for upgrading. You are willing to upgrade Receiver twice over......but we are going to send Sean Davis back out there? Barf.