2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Y’all see Juju take a shot at AB on Snapchat?

Posted a short vid of himself and Switz lifting in the team gym, and said “you don’t need to post about yourself working out, in fact the ones who do work the least.” And Switz chimed in saying “First in last out means lots of standing around.”

Talk about shots fired. 

I actually don’t think it’s directed at AB, I think it’s pointed at fans who give him a hard time because of his SM accounts. He has joked about not posting videos of himself for a while now. 

I’m really not sure of the timeline but this isn’t his first occurrence doing it at least. Maybe it is pointed in a certain direction, but I think it’s just a reoccurring stab at people constantly worried about how much he games and worry he doesn’t work out or care about football because he doesn’t blast his training on social media all the time. 

Could be a little bit of A, little bit of B though. 

3 hours ago, cjfollett said:

If the Steelers win, it won't be an issue.  If they start out 1-2, 1-3, we're going to hear about missing AB all season.

Depends how we lose those games.

If Ben is playing well and we are scoring points and still lose, it will be about how our defense still sucks.

But yes, if Ben and the offense are struggling, then everyone will be claiming its because of losing AB....and maybe it will be, but our offense was extremely inconsistent even with Brown and constantly underachieved.     

56 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Depends how we lose those games.

If Ben is playing well and we are scoring points and still lose, it will be about how our defense still sucks.

But yes, if Ben and the offense are struggling, then everyone will be claiming its because of losing AB....and maybe it will be, but our offense was extremely inconsistent even with Brown and constantly underachieved.     

True. But then there are games like they had against Carolina, and you just think, "Why can't they play like that all the time?"

Except for certain games where the Steelers play like crap overall, most of the the time they lose relatively close games by turning the ball over and committing stupid penalties. Many of those games, Brown will be like 10 for 120 and a TD or two. If JuJu gets less than 100 and no TDs, and the rest of the receivers get their usual numbers, then it will be all AB all day. It won't matter if they lost because the D failed or Boz missed a kick.  If the Steelers are winning, there still might be AB talk -- probably will -- but overall less of an issue. 

My hope is that AB has really crappy numbers in Oakland. That will calm some of the noise.

On 7/9/2019 at 2:14 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

No it doesn't...I was reading an article about DROY candidates, and came across the below; according to the article, we have 'arguably, the best NT in the NFL'...

https://nflspinzone.com/2019/07/01/nfl-defensive-rookie-of-the-year-best-2019-candidate-each-division/2/

"Bush’s ball skills are second to none, finishing with 11 pass defenses over his final two season in college. Plus, he’s protected by arguably the best nose tackle in football, Javon Hargrave."

Wai...Wha???

Sorry, I had to share this...when I read it the first time, I went back and read it very carefully, and slowly, like 5 more times, before I actually believed that my eyes weren't deceiving me...this is what happens when you pick one stat, compare it against others in the same position, then draw a conclusion. The author obviously looked up 3-4 NT stats from last year, ranked by Sacks, and voila!! 

I mean, I like Hargrave, but he is FAR from the top NT in NFL...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ward4HOF said:

No it doesn't...I was reading an article about DROY candidates, and came across the below; according to the article, we have 'arguably, the best NT in the NFL'...

https://nflspinzone.com/2019/07/01/nfl-defensive-rookie-of-the-year-best-2019-candidate-each-division/2/

"Bush’s ball skills are second to none, finishing with 11 pass defenses over his final two season in college. Plus, he’s protected by arguably the best nose tackle in football, Javon Hargrave."

Wai...Wha???

Sorry, I had to share this...when I read it the first time, I went back and read it very carefully, and slowly, like 5 more times, before I actually believed that my eyes weren't deceiving me...this is what happens when you pick one stat, compare it against others in the same position, then draw a conclusion. The author obviously looked up 3-4 NT stats from last year, ranked by Sacks, and voila!! 

I mean, I like Hargrave, but he is FAR from the top NT in NFL...

Yeah, Hargrave has gotten somewhat overrated.  Not bad....but merely good.

And I wasnt necessarily saying our defense still sucks....just that that's what people will be talking about if we are giving up tons of points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

And I wasnt necessarily saying our defense still sucks....just that that's what people will be talking about if we are giving up tons of points.

Oh yeah, I understood what you were saying...it was just a good segue into sharing an article that I had recently found. :D

• Like 1

Hargrave has showed flashes of dominance but hasn't been consistent enough at all. I have a feeling he's on the verge of a true breakout season, we will see. Imagine how much it would help our D if he could come up with 10+ sacks this season. It's only his fourth year. 

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Hargrave has showed flashes of dominance but hasn't been consistent enough at all. I have a feeling he's on the verge of a true breakout season, we will see. Imagine how much it would help our D if he could come up with 10+ sacks this season. It's only his fourth year. 

I don't think he'll see the snaps to reach double digit sacks. If he does, one of Tuitt or Heyward missed a big chunk of time. 

On 2019-07-11 at 2:53 PM, bigben07MVP said:

if he goes to an attacking scheme, he could meet those stats. He also needs to get the snap count.