2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Without Brady... BB would have been an awful trade for the Pats to make.

I agree.  Brady is the heart and soul of that team.  He brings passion and leadership and keeps that team going.  BB is a great X and O guy but without Brady he is Todd Bowles of the NFL ... well maybe not that bad.  lol

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Without Brady... BB would have been an awful trade for the Pats to make.

lol. One of the bolder takes i've read on this entire forum (That says a lot). Brady is the goat, but belichick deserves credit for what they have accomplished. He's a brilliant football mind. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Jets fans wouldn’t know what a good coach is so they have to undermine a truly brilliant one. Some purely awful takes on BB. Wake up guys please. You’re just welcoming Pats fans in here to absolutely dump on you. 

Exactly. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not true at all IMO. Brady makes BB Look good

BB is the difference that keeps him winning above The Rodgers, Mannings, Brees, and others. Put any of those QBs under BB, he'll still get 6 rings. Wes Welker was a special teams player for the Dolphins before BB got to him and Edleman was a 7th round pick. There aren't many players who were brought in expected to be threats on the field outside of Moss & Gronk (If you really thought you would get this production from a 2nd round pick). He always put Brady's surrounding in position to get open to make a play. It seems like he's always in the AFC championship at least. 

Brady is a great QB, but the real reason why he's always near the SB is because of BB. QBs like Ryan and Luck beat him in every stat last year. He's not doing anything different, BB's scheme is hard to adapt to so his players are always open for that well-needed 3rd down. He loses coaches every year, but he never loses his system. Example; Falcons/Shan. Players injured or leave in free agency? Doesn't stop him from winning. Jimmy G came in during Brady's 4 game suspension and completed 68% of his passes, 4td's & 0 ints while going 3-1. 

Brady gets the praise because he is good and he's a QB, but I'm not believing for one second that Brady is the reason why BB "look good" . 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Jets fans wouldn’t know what a good coach is so they have to undermine a truly brilliant one. Some purely awful takes on BB. Wake up guys please. You’re just welcoming Pats fans in here to absolutely dump on you. 

lol My last post him will be my last. I'm going back to praying Gase can win for more than 3 seasons in a row. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Manish posted a cryptic tweet earlier. Wouldn't be surprised if big Mac was working on a trade. Interested to see if anything happens.

I hope so, but I don't want to trade any picks from this draft. I'd guess it's for another CB or OLB. Macc has made an Effort to sign Barr and Smith, but came up short. He's probably still looking for his OLB. I've seen Clowney's name a lot lately. Not just attached to us, but in trade rumors. 

5 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

BB is the difference that keeps him winning above The Rodgers, Mannings, Brees, and others. Put any of those QBs under BB, he'll still get 6 rings. Wes Welker was a special teams player for the Dolphins before BB got to him and Edleman was a 7th round pick. There aren't many players who were brought in expected to be threats on the field outside of Moss & Gronk (If you really thought you would get this production from a 2nd round pick). He always put Brady's surrounding in position to get open to make a play. It seems like he's always in the AFC championship at least. 

Brady is a great QB, but the real reason why he's always near the SB is because of BB. QBs like Ryan and Luck beat him in every stat last year. He's not doing anything different, BB's scheme is hard to adapt to so his players are always open for that well-needed 3rd down. He loses coaches every year, but he never loses his system. Example; Falcons/Shan. Players injured or leave in free agency? Doesn't stop him from winning. Jimmy G came in during Brady's 4 game suspension and completed 68% of his passes, 4td's & 0 ints while going 3-1. 

Brady gets the praise because he is good and he's a QB, but I'm not believing for one second that Brady is the reason why BB "look good" . 

Short answer is I disagree with you. You remove Brady from that team and they are average. Therefor BB is an average coach IMO.

5 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

lol My last post him will be my last. I'm going back to praying Gase can win for more than 3 seasons in a row. 

Don’t do that lol. Trying to keep all our members here! Even if they don’t see the brilliance of BB somehow

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Short answer is I disagree with you. You remove Brady from that team and they are average. Therefor BB is an average coach IMO.

We aren’t going to agree on this, that’s fine, but don’t forget...he’s the GM too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

We aren’t going to agree on this, that’s fine, but don’t forget...he’s the GM too.

For me it’s like saying Joe Torre is this incredible manager. And I’m a Yankees fan. And I’ll fully admit he was average. But when you’re blessed with talent it helps A LOT!!! That’s the best comparison I can give you.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

For me it’s like saying Joe Torre is this incredible manager. And I’m a Yankees fan. And I’ll fully admit he was average. But when you’re blessed with talent it helps A LOT!!! That’s the best comparison I can give you.

Joe Torre was not average bud.