2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

We have interest in Duke Johnson per Mary Kay Cabot 

I think that would be a great move.  I love the idea of being able to have 2 elite pass catching RB's on the field at the same time.  Constantly putting them out in motion to dictate coverage's, and allow Darnold to take advantage of some real mismatches.  If the defense is in a nickel package just spread them out by motioning one man out and the run it.  Add in Herndon as a match up guy and you are forcing the D to make some choices out there.  Still only 25 years old.  

I like Duke but i would give no more than a 6th round pick for him. We really don't need him but will improve the team. I don;t know why people want to get these guys that have very few sacks and think they are a pass rushers. We have our pass rusher and his name is either Bosa or Allen. The only way the Jets trade down is if we get a kings ransom. 

• Like 2

I think we're seeing the Jets shift their philosophy at corner, which isn't such a bad thing. Corner is one of those positions that you either have elite shut-down talents or guys who can be good in the right scheme. Right now continue to focus on the front 7, and if we make significant strides there next year, we can see what the CB options in FA and the draft. 

I will say, I still have hope for Trumaine Johnson. I lost all respect for him, but the fact that he was still fairly highly graded despite checking out at least gives me hope that he will be much better with guys like Gregg Williams, CJ Mosley + Jamal Adams breathing down his neck. If not, he'll likely perform at an average level and be released and replaced next season. Besides, he has a lot of incentive to play better; if he doesn't perform at a higher level, he's essentially leaving a 2-year, $24 million deal on the table (unlikely he'll see the final year of his deal either way), as no one will pay him nearly that much if he's on the market again next year. 

Edited by jetskid007