2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

4 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Everyone is signing AAF guys. Mac is apparently comfortable with the roster as is. 

We had a few of the better AAF players at camp last year. I think the best AAF players are bottom of the roster guys at best.

10 hours ago, Johntyler82 said:

Look up Valentine Holmes, we were just assigned him from the International program. Dude is one bad mfer in Australian Rules, plays with a lot of passion. 

He's a Rugby League player rather than Aussie Rules, my friend.

Valentine was just hitting his peak as an NRL player before he made the decision to give the NFL a go. It shocked a lot of fans of NRL, given that he was inline for (NRL equivalent of) a huge contract - circa $700k a year.

I think he's a great fit for the sport as a RB. One cut runner, very physical (he's used to tackling remember), speed through the hole but not breakaway speed at the NFL level. He's also used to catching balls that have been punted 50 metres into the air, so his hands should be good (albeit without a helmet on).

I can't wait to see how he handles the mental side of the game. He's up against it, but he's got the physical traits for sure.

Edited by lomaxgrUK

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I know Mac made a brilliant trade that netted us Sammy, but we really needed to bring in a new GM the same time as we brought in a new coach. I still think we’ll be calling for his head this year. He has to crush this draft.

Macc’s done. He’ll draft a good player at 3 and probably hit a mid rounder like he has with Shell or Herndon but that’s about it.

56 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Macc’s done. He’ll draft a good player at 3 and probably hit a mid rounder like he has with Shell or Herndon but that’s about it.

Shell is hardly a hit and we really overrate him here. Shell is probably the worst run blocking right tackle we’ve ever had ina long time. I still don’t understand why we haven’t brought in competition for him considering he had a serious injury to end the season. 

21 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Shell is hardly a hit and we really overrate him here. Shell is probably the worst run blocking right tackle we’ve ever had ina long time. I still don’t understand why we haven’t brought in competition for him considering he had a serious injury to end the season. 

Jets brought in Andre Smith for a visit but his good days are behind him anyway.