2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

27 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

We can keep going back and forth because we’ll never see eye to eye but if Clark can be had for a 2nd, Mac should pull the trigger. If Clark could realistically be had for a 2nd, he probably would be gone now. Just because Ford got a 2nd and that’s what we should pay, doesn’t mean we or any other team will pay that. I get that the trade down from 3 to 21 is significant according to the TVC. I look at it from a player value perspective. If we were drafting Frank Clark right now knowing what he’d become, he’d be a top 10 pick. With that said, I’m taking Frank Clark and pick 21 as a sure thing over anyone we can get at 3. If we miss out on a once in a generational talent, it won’t hurt nearly as much if Clark’s production continues. If we stay and draft a bust, it’d hurt a ton. 

I think of trades in a similar way. It probably all comes down to how you view Josh Allen. I’d be ok drafting him, but if I’m offered a reasonable deal, I’m heading back and not thinking twice. There’s nobody at the top of this draft, that has me excited. They all seem like they are going to be solid. But I’m not betting any of them becomes an all pro.

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I think of trades in a similar way. It probably all comes down to how you view Josh Allen. I’d be ok drafting him, but if I’m offered a reasonable deal, I’m heading back. There’s nobody at the top of this draft, that has me excited. They all seem like they are going to be solid. But I’m not betting any of them becomes an all pro.

This definitely how it is. I think Allen is going to be a stud and would give us an extremely versatile pass rusher. That makes him more valuable to me than Clark by a good-margin considering we need to pay Clark too.

The Kyler to AZ hype has died down considerably per Tom Palissero. If they don’t go Kyler, I’m curious to see if they go Bosa or Q.  That could be good news for a trade up because we can create a buzz at 3 given the Gruden apparently loves Kyler. 

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

The Kyler to AZ hype has died down considerably per Tom Palissero. If they don’t go Kyler, I’m curious to see if they go Bosa or Q.  That could be good news for a trade up because we can create a buzz at 3 given the Gruden apparently loves Kyler. 

It could be great or IMO awful for us. Let’s say AZ and SF both actually draft at their picks and no one trades up for a QB... and the draft goes Bosa than Allen. For me that’s awful for us if we can’t then trade back. But if we can trade back I love that. But I want Allen if we can’t trade back. I’d be all for Bosa if he was there, but still rate Allen higher. As for now, my scenarios I like are these.

1. Trade back

2. Draft Allen

3. Draft Bosa

Anything outside of those 3 is a fail for me.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

It could be great or IMO awful for us. Let’s say AZ and SF both actually draft at their picks and no one trades up for a QB... and the draft goes Bosa than Allen. For me that’s awful for us if we can’t then trade back. But if we can trade back I love that. But I want Allen if we can’t trade back. I’d be all for Bosa if he was there, but still rate Allen higher. As for now, my scenarios I like are these.

1. Trade back

2. Draft Allen

3. Draft Bosa

Anything outside of those 3 is a fail for me.

That probably is the worst case scenario, but i gotta say Q is not bad as a consolation prize.  I'd still rather trade back, but no one other than Q makes sense at #3 with Bosa and Allen gone.  

Seahawks said they won't entertain any trade offers unless they include 3-4 1st round picks. So they didn't say they aren't trading him. I could see the Giants pulling this off honestly. Would Seattle really wanna be stuck at 6 waiting for their QBOTF? Or would they wait till later rounds?

4 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Seahawks said they won't entertain any trade offers unless they include 3-4 1st round picks. So they didn't say they aren't trading him. I could see the Giants pulling this off honestly. Would Seattle really wanna be stuck at 6 waiting for their QBOTF? Or would they wait till later rounds?

I think the Giants would be nuts to trade 3 1st round picks.  And I think Wilson would be nuts to wanna go there.  Their defense is completely devoid of any actual decent football players.... i honestly can't name 1.... Alec Ogeltree?  Pff had him as the 81st ILBer last year.... i mean i can't name a decent player.  Peppers i guess.  Missing out on 3 1st round picks AND having to give a massive contract to Wilson makes it pretty unlikely that they would be able to rebuild that D in any way shape or form.  They also don't have much in the way of cap space either.  After giving Russell his money they would have about 50 million dollars with 35 guys under contract lol.  We found out this year how fast 100mill goes with that few players.... try half the money.  

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

I think the Giants would be nuts to trade 3 1st round picks.  And I think Wilson would be nuts to wanna go there.  Their defense is completely devoid of any actual decent football players.... i honestly can't name 1.... Alec Ogeltree?  Pff had him as the 81st ILBer last year.... i mean i can't name a decent player.  Peppers i guess.  Missing out on 3 1st round picks AND having to give a massive contract to Wilson makes it pretty unlikely that they would be able to rebuild that D in any way shape or form.  They also don't have much in the way of cap space either.  After giving Russell his money they would have about 50 million dollars with 35 guys under contract lol.  We found out this year how fast 100mill goes with that few players.... try half the money.  

I would easily trade three 1st rounders for a top 5 QB if I were NYG. He's only 30, still gonna be in his prime for a while, chances of getting that kind of play out of Haskins/Lock/Jones are very slim. And pairing him with Saquon would be deadly for opposing defenses. They could afford it if they really wanted to go that route.

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

Well Russ has resigned with the Seahawks so that means the Giants could still trade up for their QB. It also means the Seahawks may look to create trade Clark now. 

Either way both could involve us with abit of luck. 

My big worry now is that Bosa. & Allen could go one and two in the draft. I just can't see the Giants giving up some of their top draft picks to move up to the three spot in the draft. Their best move would be to sit tight and let the QB they want drop to them or they take ED Oliver at six.  And they still have another # 1pick in the draft because of the OBJ trade.

Both 3rds for Clark

then trade 3 to Jacksonville for 7/38/2020 pick

7 to Cincy for 11/42/149

wed have 

11- Jonah Williams- LT of future

38- Garrett Bradbury- C of future

42- Cody Ford- RG of future

105- CB Depth 

149- Jalen Hurd/Andy Isabella- playmaker 

196- BPA

217- BPA

Frank Clark

not a sexy draft but man we’d rebuild the trenches in a single shot. 

15 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

My big worry now is that Bosa. & Allen could go one and two in the draft. I just can't see the Giants giving up some of their top draft picks to move up to the three spot in the draft. Their best move would be to sit tight and let the QB they want drop to them or they take ED Oliver at six.  And they still have another # 1pick in the draft because of the OBJ trade.

Murray is going #1. All indications point to it.

23 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Yeah it’s a double edged sword...on one hand if Bosa & Allen go before we draft we could potentially receive a kings ransom for a team looking to trade ahead of Oakland (and everyone else) and get Kyler Murray. 

On the other hand if that situation doesn’t occur and we can’t find a decent trade we’d be left having to overdraft a player at a premium position (unlikely to happen) or take the BPA which would be Q.Williams. 

Regardless of how good Q is I think that would be the worst case scenario for how the draft will play out for us. We do not need to spend another high first round pick on a interior defensive lineman. We need to allocate our resources better than that. 

Archived