2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

54 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hey Raider fans, I assume there is no chance you guys take a QB in round 1 or 2 right?

I doubt it but with Gruden at the helm, anything is possible. I really think they give Carr 1 more year with a better supporting cast and another year in the same system before we look to move on from him. Plus next years QB draft (as they always seem to say but this looks accurate) is better than this one imo.

27 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

If the Raiders where picking number one, no. At 4 there isn’t a clear cut  guy, if the front office and Gruden love a guy i could see them drafting someone. 

Yeah, if Gruden/Mayock believe Haskins is going to be an elite player that can accelerate the rebuild I wouldn't be shocked if we drafted him at #4, although I highly doubt it. I think the plan is to begin to shape the roster that Gruden wants through the draft and FA around Carr. If Carr plays poorly again next season though we'll definitely be in the market to draft a QB. I'd rather wait for Herbet, Tua, or Fromm next year. 

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I like him but may be a little to close to Karl Joseph.  We would have two Safety's not able to cover TEs.  He looks like he has better hands then Joseph but not as good in the run game but very close.  Also his level of competition is low.  Made not make an immediate impact on defense but would on special teams.  I like him but would not use anything higher than a 3rd-4th unless he completely dominants in an all star game and does well at the combine/pro day.  Do you think him and Karl together could accomplish what Guenther wants out of his safetys?

Adderly is longer, has better range than KJ. But is just as physical. He's a striker. His ball skills and man coverage are the question as he wasn't targeted a lot or matched up.

Rapp is more of a KJ comparison

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Adderly is longer, has better range than KJ. But is just as physical. He's a striker. His ball skills and man coverage are the question as he wasn't targeted a lot or matched up.

Rapp is more of a KJ comparison

Okay.  I only watched one game after you posted about him.  Like I said I like him and players with his mentality.  Would not mind 2 safeties willing to take your head off.  Atkinson and Tatum all over again but now they will hit you in the ankles.

Since 2001 only 1 year (2013) there was no qb taken in the top 7.

Picks #5, #6 and #7 (Bucs, Giants, Jags) all need a qb, and i cannot see not 1 qb being taken before pick #8.

Picks #1, #2 and #3 are not in the market for a qb. 

Does that put us in a great position to get good value in a trade down?

Completely fun hypothetical:

Say the Eagles win another Super Bowl with Foles and decide to commit to him. They then look to ship Wentz off to the highest bidder. Would you trade #4 and one of the second first's for Wentz? Then trade Carr for whatever we can?

I'm iffy on it because I think we can get by with Carr and really elevate the D with standing pat. However Wentz did flash brilliance (more so than Carr during his borderline MVP campaign) and could really put us on the fast track of a rebuild.

49 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Okay.  I only watched one game after you posted about him.  Like I said I like him and players with his mentality.  Would not mind 2 safeties willing to take your head off.  Atkinson and Tatum all over again but now they will hit you in the ankles.

He'll be on the North Squad senior bowl roster. Excited to see him there. I believe the Raiders are coaching the North Squad, which looks like it's going to have some good players:

Big 10 - Oruwariye, Winovich 

Big 12 - Cajuste, Grier, Omenihu, Risner

FCS - Adderly 

ACC - Allen, Pratt, Renfro, Willis III

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Say the Eagles win another Super Bowl with Foles and decide to commit to him. They then look to ship Wentz off to the highest bidder. Would you trade #4 and one of the second first's for Wentz? Then trade Carr for whatever we can?

I'm iffy on it because I think we can get by with Carr and really elevate the D with standing pat. However Wentz did flash brilliance (more so than Carr during his borderline MVP campaign) and could really put us on the fast track of a rebuild.

Foles can pay back 2 mil in roster bonus and become a FA or Philly has to pay him 20 mil. Wentz is their guy, so they will need to decide what to do with Foles. 

Foles is a Gruden QB. 30, hitting his stride big in big moments. I could see Gruden moving Carr if he thought he could land Foles

3 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Fresno State had the third ranked defense in the nation. Sure the played in the mountain west but that doesn’t mean they don’t have talent. Also if you can get a guy like him in the 5th or 6th you’re getting a deal. 

I was thinking 3rd or 4th would be a steal for a guy like Mike Bell.. would compliment Joseph, and be what we wanted Obi to be

18 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

He's my CB1, but you probably won't see that rank echoed anywhere else. Something I notice is that the draft diaspora tends to unduly devalue corners who are under 6' or not blazing fast despite the league's best corners being exactly that. Playing corner is not just pure athleticism: it's a craft and it requires great feet-eye coordination. 

The reason why I have Baker #1 is because he 1) has the best and quickest feet among the corners I've watched in this class 2) plays press man coverage much more frequently and at a higher level than any other corner I've watched and, lastly, 4) he is a smart and willing tackler who impacts the running game on the perimeter.

Also, regarding his athleticism, he'll time under 4.5 and measure close to 5'11" at just under 200 lbs. He should have over 32" arms. He's a plenty good athlete.

I notice Greedy Williams stock is going down.... he was top 10 all season in mock drafts, now in the 20s.... think scouts question his coverage against quick, shifty WR

41 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

simple answer: NO

3 hours ago, TheMadStork said:

I think he’s too slow imo. I wouldn’t want him. I guess the 4th isn’t horrible. 

Yeah? Watching tape he seems to have good burst and good long speed. I don't need a McFadden back there. Need a guy who can break off 20-30 yard runs and get it in endzone.

Archived