2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

7 minutes ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Re-sign Beast Mode to a one-year deal and take Elijah Holyfield with a later-round pick? Good idea or no?

I prefer to re-sign Martin and Richard, cut Washington, and see what happens in the draft. Martin is a better fit for the Raiders’ line than Lynch.

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Warming up? The guy is legit. Best looking interior Oline prospect since Donald.

For me it's more about do I want Williams more than I want someone else. Right now--as it looks like Bosa and Allen won't be there--it's between Q and Baker for me. The Raiders certainly need more help at corner than at defensive tackle, and the Raiders just invested highly in one in last year's draft and have a promising player in Hurst. 

I would be fine with either, but I am slightly leaning toward Baker.

On 1/3/2019 at 5:58 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

Disagree. Mack was already a beast against the run in year 1. He flashed a lot more than Key. Nothing against the guy but I agree with everyone else that he won't be our best pass rusher long term. Which is fine since he doesn't have to be

I think he will get sacks and become a good pass rusher wont do a whole lot against the run, we still need a top FA tho.

32 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

For me it's more about do I want Williams more than I want someone else. Right now--as it looks like Bosa and Allen won't be there--it's between Q and Baker for me. The Raiders certainly need more help at corner than at defensive tackle, and the Raiders just invested highly in one in last year's draft and have a promising player in Hurst. 

I would be fine with either, but I am slightly leaning toward Baker.

We need pressure, Corners have been ok for no pressure 

14 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

We need pressure, Corners have been ok for no pressure 

I disagree. Just look at the Bengals game. The QB was able to get the ball out quick, regardless of pressure. I also believe in Hurst and Hall’s development as pass rushers. 

17 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I disagree. Just look at the Bengals game. The QB was able to get the ball out quick, regardless of pressure. I also believe in Hurst and Hall’s development as pass rushers. 

I think Hall was over drafted and is a back up

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Warming up? The guy is legit. Best looking interior Oline prospect since Donald.

I was in the edge rusher party because of need but at this point, we need to go BPA and if Williams is on the board at 4 he's BPA. An interior pass rush of Hurst/Williams would be legit and would help our edge rushers long-term. Plus we have Hall to rotate in who should be a player in the future. If we could add Williams at 4 and a guy like Brian Burns in the 20's I'd be ecstatic. 

Archived