2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

31 minutes ago, NickButera said:

But nobody is saying why.

There’s players that have just enough talent to do real good at the college level but not enough to translate to the nfl. C. Ferrell is one of those IMO. He has a very average first step. Not explosive. No great moves. And no elite strength. He does good at this level because:

1. He has a very good team around him, so he doesn’t get doubled. 

2. He has just enough talent (in his case speed to strength ratio) to do good at the college level. 

Edit: I feel the same about Gary. I wouldn’t draft either of these two in the 2nd. 

21 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

There’s players that have just enough talent to do real good at the college level but not enough to translate to the nfl. C. Ferrell is one of those IMO. He has a very average first step. Not explosive. No great moves. And no elite strength. He does good at this level because:

1. He has a very good team around him, so he doesn’t get doubled. 

2. He has just enough talent (in his case speed to strength ratio) to do good at the college level. 

Edit: I feel the same about Gary. I wouldn’t draft either of these two in the 2nd. 

That is why I like Devin White.  He looks like he is playing at a different speed than everyone else.  Q and Brown look like grown men wrestling little kids.  It will not be as easy in the NFL but they should have immediate impacts based on their physical abilities alone.

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Why would you have him at 4? 

He's a high floor/low ceiling kind of player who should be a solid starter but I don't ever see him becoming a 10+ sack per year kind of player.  That's fine as a late 1st kind of pick but absolutely not in the top 5.

He doesnt have any elite traits. Doesnt have the great get-off of a speed rusher and isn't particularly powerful. He reminds me of the other Clemson DEs from the past few years like Shaq Lawson and Kevin Dodd.  Great base 43 DE frames without any elite skills.

I'd MUCH rather have Edges like Josh Allen, Brian Burns, or Jachai Polite who have the tools to develop into Top 10 NFL pass rushers.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

That is why I like Devin White.  He looks like he is playing at a different speed than everyone else.  Q and Brown look like grown men wrestling little kids.  It will not be as easy in the NFL but they should have immediate impacts based on their physical abilities alone.

My only concern with White. Is how good is he in coverage? Because if We’re taking a LB in the top 5 he better cover like a safety. 

Hes extremely athletic, but I can’t find any highlights of him covering? My same concern I had with Karl Joseph..every highlight was him just flying down and laying people out..have you seen him in coverage? 

I will say I think it’s amazing white has only been playing the position for a short period of time.

1 hour ago, TheMadStork said:

I felt the same way..im JUST getting over it. But there’s good players. We just need to hit. And devils advocate with Bosa; he has a history of getting hurt, and his brother gets hurt as well. Maybe it’s a blessing. 

But yes..the win against the browns (we did not deserve) the win against the cardinals, and the win against the Steelers we did not deserve. The only win we deserved was the last home game. And the cardinals maybe. We should have 2 wins 

But you can argue they should have won against Denver and Miami so..... 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Or qbs are mobile enough nowadays to put a move on a guy who is arguably the slowest guy on the dline who has change of direction issues.

That's pretty lazy analysis. Key killed his pro day and is explosive in his first step and good change of direction. You're reaching if you think his 40 time is the issue. He's been in good position, just needs to finish which is a challenge for a lot of rookies. 

And let's not forget he was playing nearly every down and wasn't ready for that role. 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

even If Key didn't have monster numbers, he made an impact as a 22 year old rookie... 

He didn't have any impact. 1 sack, some pressure at times but grew as the season went on. He's getting better, but his impact was nil in year 1.

Archived