2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

7 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If we do and trade Carr and draft a QB, Gruden and Mayock better be 100 percent certain that QB is better than Carr because if he is a bust and they are wrong, both of their careers in the NFL will be over after their stint with the Raiders.   

Their legacy will be similar to Millen in that they were complete incompetent idiots who ran a franchise into the ground by trading a former Pro Bowl QB and not recognizing that Carr has not forgotten to play at a Pro Bowl level, rather that he is playing with the worst supporting roster in the NFL.  Tom Brady would look like a washed up old bum if he had to play with the Raiders roster, now watch him go back to another Super Bowl tomorrow. 

If Carr were to get traded to say the Giants he would go there with a good supporting cast and play like a stud.  Then all of you hypocrites would be calling for Gruden and Mayocks head saying how they're idiots and how could they have traded a franchise QB that was handed to them.  LOL I would laugh so hard and the hypocrisy but most homers would never admit they were calling for Carr's head just point out how they loved Carr, can't believe he was traded and that Gruden/ Mayock need to go.  

You're acting as if Carr doesn't have some major question marks at the position. You're putting it all on the talent around him, which is only part of the equation. 

For the record, you put Carr behind the Giants Oline this past year and he'd have folded like a house of cards. My biggest gripe with Carr is he lacks poise in the pocket. He gets hit once and he doesn't want anymore of it. Starts seeing ghosts and starts playing scared. Checking down quickly, throwing off his back foot or worse, just falling on the ground when pressure comes his way.

I like Carr, I was higher than anyone on him coming out. But he has a lot to prove this season. And stop using the "pro bowl" designation as if it means anything. Biggest clown show in pro sports. He had no business being in other that 2016.

4 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

It all comes down to how good you think Carr is. Personally, I think he's average since the injuries. He's Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill, Alex Smith, Dak Prescott tier. Imo, Baker Mayfield is already a better QB.

Not saying hes a bad player just saying I think hes peaked with us. I'd rather trade him now and get all the value we can versus waiting and him putting another below average season on tape on a losing rebuilding team.

Your opinion that he has "peaked with us" is based on him playing with the worst WR's in the NFL,  the worst RB's in the NFL, an Oline that ranked in the bottom 5 according to PFF and one of the 2 worst D's in the NFL.  I just want to make sure I am understanding your logic that a 27 year old QB has peaked with the supporting cast I just mentioned.  

How do you think Tom Brady would have looked playing with our squad this year?  Super Bowl? Pro Bowl? All Pro SMH...... How about all average NFL fans who have zero clue the NFL really works saying he's old, washed up and needs to retire.  

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Your opinion that he has "peaked with us" is based on him playing with the worst WR's in the NFL,  the worst RB's in the NFL, an Oline that ranked in the bottom 5 according to PFF and one of the 2 worst D's in the NFL.  I just want to make sure I am understanding your logic that a 27 year old QB has peaked with the supporting cast I just mentioned.  

How do you think Tom Brady would have looked playing with our squad this year?  Super Bowl? Pro Bowl? All Pro SMH...... How about all average NFL fans who have zero clue the NFL really works saying he's old, washed up and needs to retire.  

You make all the excuses in the world for Carr. I really dont wish to debate Carr with you. You're probably one of his brothers. 

4 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

You make all the excuses in the world for Carr. I really dont wish to debate Carr with you. You're probably one of his brothers. 

You say I make excuses and I say you lack vision, eat up what the media vomits all over you and want to get rid of a 27 year old Qb who has proven he can lead this team to the playoffs for Taylor and a 5'9 unproven rookie.  Hahahaah

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I'm trading Carr to the highest bidder. NYG, MIA, Washington, Jacksonville whoever offers the most. Or whatever team misses out on Haskins. I feel like its mutually beneficial for Carr and the Raiders to part ways. I dont feel like Gruden/Carr is a long term match and I would much rather trade him now before we ruin his trade value. 

With Murray, I would bring in a guy like Tyrod Taylor and let them compete. 

Interesting 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You're acting as if Carr doesn't have some major question marks at the position. You're putting it all on the talent around him, which is only part of the equation. 

For the record, you put Carr behind the Giants Oline this past year and he'd have folded like a house of cards. My biggest gripe with Carr is he lacks poise in the pocket. He gets hit once and he doesn't want anymore of it. Starts seeing ghosts and starts playing scared. Checking down quickly, throwing off his back foot or worse, just falling on the ground when pressure comes his way.

I like Carr, I was higher than anyone on him coming out. But he has a lot to prove this season. And stop using the "pro bowl" designation as if it means anything. Biggest clown show in pro sports. He had no business being in other that 2016.

First off the Giants had a better Oline than we had according to PFF.  Second you give Carr Barkely, ODB and Engram and he has a massive statistical improvement over the garbage we have surrounded him with.  

You say Carr lacks poise in the pocket.  You would be saying the same thing about Brady if he was on this team, how he is washed up and need to retire.  

You also say how Carr checks down too quickly, gets scared blah blah.  Easy to say from your couch LOL  You sit back there throwing to a slow, washed up Nelson, garbage Roberts and what ever trash they put out there on a weekly basis.  Old man Lynch who commands zero fear, a bottom 3 Oline and a D that cant stop a high school team.  

It is so low brow and a complete lack of understanding on football to just say he checks down too much.  You want Carr to sit back there and watch Nelson and Ateman strech the field.  It may take those guys a whole quarter to run more than 30 yards.   Those guys command zero fear lack speed and you want Carr to not check down with the trash I mentioned and playing behind our garbage Oline.  You must hate Carr or want to see him killed. 

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You say I make excuses and I say you lack vision, eat up what the media vomits all over you and want to get rid of a 27 year old Qb who has proven he can lead this team to the playoffs for Taylor and a 5'9 unproven rookie.  Hahahaah

Carr’s vision has been on the decline since his injury. Murray looks like a short pat mahomes to me

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

First off the Giants had a better Oline than we had according to PFF.  Second you give Carr Barkely, ODB and Engram and he has a massive statistical improvement over the garbage we have surrounded him with.  

You say Carr lacks poise in the pocket.  You would be saying the same thing about Brady if he was on this team, how he is washed up and need to retire.  

You also say how Carr checks down too quickly, gets scared blah blah.  Easy to say from your couch LOL  You sit back there throwing to a slow, washed up Nelson, garbage Roberts and what ever trash they put out there on a weekly basis.  Old man Lynch who commands zero fear, a bottom 3 Oline and a D that cant stop a high school team.  

It is so low brow and a complete lack of understanding on football to just say he checks down too much.  You want Carr to sit back there and watch Nelson and Ateman strech the field.  It may take those guys a whole quarter to run more than 30 yards.   Those guys command zero fear lack speed and you want Carr to not check down with the trash I mentioned and playing behind our garbage Oline.  You must hate Carr or want to see him killed. 

You saying all this from your couch also let’s not pretend you’re Carr’s ball boy. Bad oline or not Carr sometimes looks like a puss out there. Seems like he doesn’t really want it with us ala cooper. He got his $ imo he’s content. Like I said I’d give him another year but I’d be open minded also if the right trade came down the pipeline. Imo Carr is not un-tradeable. I wonder what other teams think he’s worth. 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr’s vision has been on the decline since his injury. Murray looks like a short pat mahomes to me

I'm happy that your opinion is that Murray looks like a short Maholmes but if you were a GM would you hedge your career on trading Carr, who clearly played with one of the worst supporting casts in the NFL, signing a guy like Taylor and drafting Murray at 4?

I wan't you to think of the ramifications if you're wrong on Murray who is 5'9 from the perspective of a rookie GM.  You do realize that if Carr is traded and goes to a team with a solid supporting cast, plays well and Murray is a bust your career is over and you're never getting a job as a GM ever again.  

Most fans on here crack me up.  I remember some homers at mid season how we should trade Carr and draft Tua or whatever the guys name is from Bama.  Trade Carr for whoever the flavor of the month is in the media.  Sounds like a well thought out plan to me lol 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Andy Dalton can get his team to the playoffs once every 5 years, so can Tannehill, so can Flacco,  so can Keenum, so can Prescott, so can Trubisky - the list goes on and on so what you're saying really isnt all that impressive.

What does Carr do well besides check down? What player has he made better? Amari Cooper? Nope, he has flourished with another average QB who actually throws to him.  Crabs was always a soli d #2 before he got here. Who has Carr elevated?

14 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Andy Dalton can get his team to the playoffs once every 5 years, so can Tannehill, so can Flacco,  so can Keenum, so can Prescott, so can Trubisky - the list goes on and on so what you're saying really isnt all that impressive.

What does Carr do well besides check down? What player has he made better? Amari Cooper? Nope, he has flourished with another average QB who actually throws to him.  Crabs was always a soli d #2 before he got here. Who has Carr elevated?

1 QB in NFL history had more TD's passes in their first 2 season than Carr.  His name is Dan Marino.  His first 3 season are amongst the greatest in NFL history and you want to trade him, sign Taylor and draft a unproven 5'9 QB who is also going to play baseball LOL  What more needs to be said than this and the lunacy that it speaks.....

All of the QB's you have mentioned have never been in MVP consideration as Carr was before he broke his leg and that was with an average supporting cast. 

I would also say Carr elevated Crabs career.  He averaged over 8 TD's per year with us and 4 with the 49ers.  Cook had his best statical season to date with us last year.   

You do realize that Carr has played with a franchise that has been terrible since he has taken over as the starter.  Bad draft picks, terrible FA signings, constant coaching and coordinator turnover and you want to point the finger at Carr and claim he needs to go.  Very low brow mentality.  

35 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

1 QB in NFL history had more TD's passes in their first 2 season than Carr.  His name is Dan Marino.  His first 3 season are amongst the greatest in NFL history and you want to trade him, sign Taylor and draft a unproven 5'9 QB who is also going to play baseball LOL  What more needs to be said than this and the lunacy that it speaks.....

Lmao, you're bringing up stats from his first two seasons. Carr is in year 6 now, my guy. Let's talk about that. Let's talk about the player he is today. Let's talk about how he flinches when he sees his shadow. Let's talk about Jalen Richard being our #1 receiver. 

And I really dont care about the inflated QB stats of today. Carr should never be in the same sentence as Dan Marino. There are one thousand stats I can bring up about Matt Stafford being on the same level as Peyton Manning but we both know that's not true, so stop it.

All of the QB's you have mentioned have never been in MVP consideration as Carr was before he broke his leg and that was with an average supporting cast. 

Andy Dalton was definitely receiving MVP hype before he broke his hand in 2015. Prescott actually received MVP votes in 2016. Joe flacco is a SBMVP.

I would also say Carr elevated Crabs career.  He averaged over 8 TD's per year with us and 4 with the 49ers.  Cook had his best statical season to date with us last year.   

Well if you dont include the one year Crabs only played 5 games coming off of an ruptured Achilles...Crabtree averaged 65 catches, 800 yards 5 TDs with the 9ers. Which I remind you was in a run oriented offense with a run first QB in Kaepernick. With pass-first Carr, Crabtree averaged 77 catches, 840 yards, 8 TDs. Is that really an elavation? Or did Crabtree just come to a more pass oriented offense?

Cook, I guess you can argue. But as you said, we have the worst supporting cast in the NFL. Someone was going to benefit from receiving the extra targets. Cook is still nothing special.

52 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

PFF means nothing to me. Their Oline was garbage just like Oaklands. The point is, Carr sucks under pressure. Second, any QB would be better statistically  with better talent, that doesn't mean they are good, just that they are a product of the system. 

54 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Stop trying to use Tom Brady for your arguments, just makes you look desperate. 

Carr's pocket poise was an issue going back to college. This a trend that has proven itself. Not some outlier from this season.  Heck..... players on the KC Chiefs commented back in 2016 that if you pressure him he struggles and guess what, they own him when they've played. He's absolutely miserable at Arrowhead. 

59 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Again... see above. Or better yet, go watch the first Chargers game where Cooper is beating coverage and Carr isn't even looking for anything but the check down. It's a trend. Even in his breakout season in 2016 with talent and a top Oline, he was among the worst in the league at yards per attempt. 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I actually like Carr and want him to succeed. At the same time, I'm not going to ignore glaring issues in his game that predated his 2018 season. He's 5 years in the league and still struggles with pressure and poise just like he did in college. Again, it's a trend. 

If you want to dismiss his struggles and dud games throughout his career laying all on this season, be my guest. This extends further.

Archived