2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

I would not mind Pratt on day 2 but agree he is no where near White's level.  White's play is explosive and he looks like an NFL LBer playing on a college team.  Ithink he goes closer to pick 15 then ours at 4 but is probably the only player I would not mind us reaching for or trading up to get.  He has top 5 talent but playing ILB will cause him to slip. #28 and 35 should be enough to move up and get him around 12-13 range.  Q or Allen combined with White will go a long way to fix our defense.

Is it just me, or are we all sleeping on Ed Oliver? Guy was seen as 1B to Bosa as 1A at the beginning of season, and now its as if he's just an afterthought.  Guy has elite movement skills for a DT, excellent flexibility, good play strength, constantly took on double teams and still produced. Maybe did not have the statistical season we all wanted, but that was due to injuries. Would look awfully nice paired next to Hurst at either 3T or base end.

39 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Is it just me, or are we all sleeping on Ed Oliver? Guy was seen as 1B to Bosa as 1A at the beginning of season, and now its as if he's just an afterthought.  Guy has elite movement skills for a DT, excellent flexibility, good play strength, constantly took on double teams and still produced. Maybe did not have the statistical season we all wanted, but that was due to injuries. Would look awfully nice paired next to Hurst at either 3T or base end.

Oliver to me is scheme specific. He needs to be on a defense penetrating from the 3Tech. The Raiders would be a good fit, but with Hurst in that role, it's a luxury. Same with Q Williams. I wouldn't mind if either was picked, but the bigger need is edge rusher and LB

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He literally drips athletic ability. He's got 4.4 speed. I was a big LVE guy and White's more impressive sideline to sideline that he was. He's relentless in pursuit and lays wood when he hits. 

Coverage, he wasn't asked to do as much so got caught flat footed a lot on play action and not reading cues. But he has the range for it. His upside is huge in all areas:

https://247sports.com/college/miami/ContentGallery/Miami-Hurricanes-Football-A-Closer-Look-At-LSU-LB-Devin-White-and-How-He-Impacts-A-Game-121235735/#121235735_6

I think Bush is the prototype LB for today's NFL, his instincts and feel for the game are top notch. Issue is his size and length.

Agreed, I'm starting to think he's not gonna make it to 24. 

Whats everyones thoughts on Mississippi State's Jeffery Simmons as a prospect and the off-field issue.

The incident was truly disgusting. However,  is he redeemable as it was back in High School and 3ish years ago?

I ask because I wanted to see more of Sweat, but Simmons jumped out in a BIG way every time I watched.  Without the DV issue, he'd be a top prospect and isn't that far off from Williams from a talent perspective.  I wouldn't blink if someone actually ranked Simmons over Oliver or Williams at this point (though I wouldn't for the record).

Man is he freaking talented... Reminds me of a young Fletcher Cox (ironically also from Mississippi State).  Regularly destroys some of the best offensive lines

46 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Whats everyones thoughts on Mississippi State's Jeffery Simmons as a prospect and the off-field issue.

The incident was truly disgusting. However,  is he redeemable as it was back in High School and 3ish years ago?

I ask because I wanted to see more of Sweat, but Simmons jumped out in a BIG way every time I watched.  Without the DV issue, he'd be a top prospect and isn't that far off from Williams from a talent perspective.  I wouldn't blink if someone actually ranked Simmons over Oliver or Williams at this point (though I wouldn't for the record).

Man is he freaking talented... Reminds me of a young Fletcher Cox (ironically also from Mississippi State).  Regularly destroys some of the best offensive lines

If we trade back slightly from #4 I think he’s a top option in the 6-15 range along with Devin White. 

Haven't seen a lot about the Senior Bowl even though we're 'coaching' the North. I'll be really interested to see a few guys like:

Zach Allen, Andy Isabella, Nasir Adderley, Jalen Jelks from the North 

Deebo Samuel, Oshane Ximines, Montez Sweat, Jaylon Ferguson from the South

Who are some other guys to keep a close eye on?

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Haven't seen a lot about the Senior Bowl even though we're 'coaching' the North. I'll be really interested to see a few guys like:

Zach Allen, Andy Isabella, Nasir Adderley, Jalen Jelks from the North 

Deebo Samuel, Oshane Ximines, Montez Sweat, Jaylon Ferguson from the South

Who are some other guys to keep a close eye on?

Walterfootball has some good write ups on the practices.

http://walterfootball.com/eastwest2019.php

Daniel Jeremiah's first mock is out: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011490/article/daniel-jeremiah-mock-draft-10-kyler-murray-lands-with-patriots

Raiders: Quinnen Williams; Jaylon Ferguson; Trayvon Mullen.

To be honest: I've never heard of Jaylon Ferguson, and I wasn't too impressed watching him play FAU just now. I haven't watched Mullen yet.

Other highlights:

• Rashan Gary #2 overall.
  • Josh Jacobs 5th overall.
  • Jonah Williams is the 4th tackle taken (after Taylor, Ford, and Dillard).
  • No Greg Little in round 1.
  • Kyler Murray goes to the Patriots.

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I like watching the practices on YouTube especially oline dline 

Yep, the OL/DL drills are really good to watch...........it'll be especially interesting this year as we'll probably be coaching a few prospects that we might like to draft. 

45 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He's definitely had the most against the grain mock yet. Tons of surprises that I don't agree with but hey he's the "expert".

Remember they will change it once or twice a week to get people to keep visiting their sites.  He just put this one up so he looks like he is getting closer as the off season progresses and it will be easy to get closer than this one.  An added bonus is if one of these players like a Tyson Alualu goes really early and he had it in an early draft he can hang his hat on it.  "Well you know back in January I had him here but yada yada yada+ BS" and naive people will bring it up the next few years when he says he has some inside info.  I am not saying he is not good but when you make 30 mocks you will get a few surprises correct.

Archived