2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

Could be another QB teams want to trade up for which is nice for us. Honestly Murray has one of the highest ceilings I have seen for a QB. Good thrower and looks like Tyreek Hill with the ball in his hands (pushing it but he is freaking electric). His height is the only knock but it is a legit concern if he measures in at 5'9. 

5 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Mack Wilson declared. He would be a great pick with our second or third first rounder. Really good in coverage.

I keep hearing some of the more intense draft posters on this forum call him one of the more overrated Alabama players to come out in a while.

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

not sure why this guy isn't getting first round buzz...

Youtube highlights make anyone look like a first round talent, so there is the first issue. Jackson has upside, but he plays to high and has poor technique. If his initial move doesn't get home, he's walled off. In the run game, he get to high and gets put on skates. He has to learn leverage, how to get his pad level down and hand techniques. Again, upside.... but he shouldn't be taken before late 3 early 4th round.

I don't know what will happen with pick #4 i just hope he is a day 1 starter and is also productive.

All i know is we better land Neal with 24, 27, or 35. If we don't that will be a huge miss. I project him to be top end WR1 by year 3 and contribute as a productive WR2 right away.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Youtube highlights make anyone look like a first round talent, so there is the first issue. Jackson has upside, but he plays to high and has poor technique. If his initial move doesn't get home, he's walled off. In the run game, he get to high and gets put on skates. He has to learn leverage, how to get his pad level down and hand techniques. Again, upside.... but he shouldn't be taken before late 3 early 4th round.

I was going to add some things regarding Jackson, but the point I was going to make is largely what you're saying here - he basically needs to learn to play the position. He's a measurables guy - has the size, length, etc, but he doesn't know how to play the position all that well. He's got a really nice upside, but he's a project. 

41 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I don't buy the josh Allen hype as a 4-3 end. Think he is a fit in a 3-4 scheme as a rush backer.

I think it depends on your alignment. As a 49ers fan, I do worry a little bit about how he would hold up full time as a base defensive end. He's a little light - bigger than guys like Polite and Burns, but smaller than someone like Bosa. That being said, in a 4-3 under alignment for the 49ers, I think he would line up as the SAM backer on early downs as opposed to putting him in the dirt every down, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Then you let him rush the edge on passing downs. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not to mention it’s his soph tape

Archived