2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's Grier's negatives?

Doesn't have elite arm strength and his mechanics and throwing motion are a mess at time.Mostly, it's that he plays in WV's spread out of the shotgun and gets a lot of easy looks.

For me, just looking at traits, he looks poise and agile in the pocket. Anticipates throws and drops them in with velocity, but now wow arm strength. Needs to get a little stronger and thicker in the body. Mechanics can be coached if he wants to work on them.

I'm torn between Q and Allen. If Bosa is gone and it's between Allen and Q Williams my gut says go with the best now at the highest level which is Q. Allen has potiential and is more suited to what we need which is an outside pass rusher. I'm sure the combine will solidify it more but I just think the De's will not drop to our later picks but DT's will.

EDIT So what order would you want and why?

4 minutes ago, G said:

I'm torn between Q and Allen. If Bosa is gone and it's between Allen and Q Williams my gut says go with the best now at the highest level which is Q. Allen has potiential and is more suited to what we need which is an outside pass rusher. I'm sure the combine will solidify it more but I just think the De's will not drop to our later picks but DT's will.

EDIT So what order would you want and why?

1. Bosa
  2. WIlliams
  3. Allen

I value interior pressure over outside. Williams and Allen both have potential to be top 10 at their positions imo, but I just love the idea of solidifying our interior with Williams, Hurst, Hall and Hankins/Jelly.

Target an edge guy at #24 then a Harry/Metcalf/Jacobs at #27 depending on the board.

17 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I am a big Will Grier fan. But i am still riding with Carr. I think its likely he will never have another year like 2016. But i firmly believe he will consistently will be ranked just outside of the top 10 qb in the league for the next 10 years. And if we can get hin some consistency while surrounding him with some talent and field a defense that makes some plays then the raiders can compete year in and year out. Carr may not be great... but he is good enough.

There's no reason for us to reach for a quarterback this year. We need to continue to build through the draft this offseason and should build a team that a franchise QB can win with. This year will be very big for Carr because if he doesn't play well we're likely going to move on and look to draft a QB next year. I'd much rather draft Tua, Herbert, or Fromm next year than Haskins or Murray this year. 

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Haskins just seems like a product of the system seems like fools gold not really battle tested to me. I’ll have to watch more but he’s just completely folded in some games. He should’ve stayed one more year imo.

I've seen others voice similar concerns stating that he had all day to throw and was surrounded by an elite team. One of the things that makes Haskins so intriguing to me though is that he absolutely destroyed the Big Ten passing records as a first-year starter. Drew Brees 1998 campaign at Purdue is largely considered the greatest season for a QB in conference history. During that season he passed for 3,983 yards and 39 TDs, Haskins passed for 4,831 yards and 50 TDs this year. 

27 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Thoughts on NKeal Harry with one of our late firsts? Can go get the ball and is a YAC machine. Seems like the sort of WR Carr (or a young QB) would love.

I'd be happy with him, I've seen him compared to Bolden and JuJu. We desperately need a young #1 to replace Cooper. 

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Thoughts on NKeal Harry with one of our late firsts? Can go get the ball and is a YAC machine. Seems like the sort of WR Carr (or a young QB) would love.

He is a must have for me. I love him as a prospect. I think he is a MThomas type of player. I am all in on him. I would take him at 24.

Archived