2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

Just now, Totty said:

Are you outside of your mind? 

Maybe. But if Murray is serious about the NFL, why not? Murray no doubt has the most upside out of any QB in this class. He's everything you would ever want in a QB but he's 5'9. I think Gruden is intelligent enough to design a offense around him. The college game is becoming the NFL game. The transition is not as steep as it once was. 

I just feel like with this new regime, we need to start anew with everything. Most exciting QB to come out in years, which would bold well for us since we are moving to Vegas. The raiders right now are the least exciting, most irrelevant team in the league with no stars.

Mayock and Gruden are going to want their own guy.

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

FWIW Drew Lock is bascially a Carr clone. Big arm, makes some bad decisions at times. Get frantic in the pocket. Every time I watch him, I just see Carr 

He's Carr-ish in terms of how he'll play in the NFL. That said, I think he's an all-around worse version of Carr except for maybe his running ability. Carr has really become a pretty refined passer--especially this past year. I think a lot of Carr's success in the NFL has been due to his leadership ability, work ethic, and general grit and toughness--I'm not sure if Lock has those traits.

I think Drew Lock will and should go in the second round as Carr did, but I also think he's a comparatively worse prospect, too.

24 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Now this guy has guts

What would you do with Carr?

make Murray sit a lil like Baker?

I'm trading Carr to the highest bidder. NYG, MIA, Washington, Jacksonville whoever offers the most. Or whatever team misses out on Haskins. I feel like its mutually beneficial for Carr and the Raiders to part ways. I dont feel like Gruden/Carr is a long term match and I would much rather trade him now before we ruin his trade value. 

With Murray, I would bring in a guy like Tyrod Taylor and let them compete. 

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I'm trading Carr to the highest bidder. NYG, MIA, Washington, Jacksonville whoever offers the most. Or whatever team misses out on Haskins. I feel like its mutually beneficial for Carr and the Raiders to part ways. I dont feel like Gruden/Carr is a long term match and I would much rather trade him now before we ruin his trade value. 

With Murray, I would bring in a guy like Tyrod Taylor and let them compete. 

You would trade Carr after a decent season with quite possibly the worst supporting cast in the whole NFL?  You want to hedge your success on an at best average, cast off piece of trash in Taylor with a 5'9 unproven commodity waiting to take over the reigns of your NFL franchise?  

If Gruden and Mayock make that trade and draft Murray at 4 and Murray is a bust their careers in the NFL are over.  No sane GM would ever make that move.  If they are wrong on Murray they have just signed their death warrant which will cost them 10's of millions in their own pockets.  

It's fun to talk about but like I said no sane GM who values his job would ever take a risk like that, especially a GM like Mayock who would have never gotten a shot as a GM if it was not for his buddy Gruden.  He would go down as a laughing stock smilar to "Mr. Flop WR" Matt Millen. 

At least that idiot Millen didn't trade a former Pro Bowl QB away when he drafted that "flashy" Qb in Joey Harrington.  Can you imagine????  Any sane fan would have rioted.

I'm going to laugh at all of you fans who claim to love Carr when he's back in the pro bowl after you clowns are calling for him to be traded.  lt will be the definition of hypocrisy and I hope when he is back in the Pro Bowl each and every one of you come out and say your evaluation of QB's is flat out garbage.  I wish there was some way to keep a list of all of you who are calling for Carr's head now but will be saying you loved him when he is back in the Pro Bowl.    

Just now, NYRaider said:

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we took Murray or Haskins at #4. 

If we do and trade Carr and draft a QB, Gruden and Mayock better be 100 percent certain that QB is better than Carr because if he is a bust and they are wrong, both of their careers in the NFL will be over after their stint with the Raiders.   

Their legacy will be similar to Millen in that they were complete incompetent idiots who ran a franchise into the ground by trading a former Pro Bowl QB and not recognizing that Carr has not forgotten to play at a Pro Bowl level, rather that he is playing with the worst supporting roster in the NFL.  Tom Brady would look like a washed up old bum if he had to play with the Raiders roster, now watch him go back to another Super Bowl tomorrow. 

If Carr were to get traded to say the Giants he would go there with a good supporting cast and play like a stud.  Then all of you hypocrites would be calling for Gruden and Mayocks head saying how they're idiots and how could they have traded a franchise QB that was handed to them.  LOL I would laugh so hard and the hypocrisy but most homers would never admit they were calling for Carr's head just point out how they loved Carr, can't believe he was traded and that Gruden/ Mayock need to go.  

9 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Thoughts on NKeal Harry with one of our late firsts? Can go get the ball and is a YAC machine. Seems like the sort of WR Carr (or a young QB) would love.

Harry, Metcalf, Harmon or one of the top TE's would be welcomed by me.

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

Dont understand why people so easy to trade carr. He is better than most. Finally has some consistency around him with offense and coaching. 

It all comes down to how good you think Carr is. Personally, I think he's average since the injuries. He's Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill, Alex Smith, Dak Prescott tier. Imo, Baker Mayfield is already a better QB.

Not saying hes a bad player just saying I think hes peaked with us. I'd rather trade him now and get all the value we can versus waiting and him putting another below average season on tape on a losing rebuilding team.

9 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Maybe. But if Murray is serious about the NFL, why not? Murray no doubt has the most upside out of any QB in this class. He's everything you would ever want in a QB but he's 5'9. I think Gruden is intelligent enough to design a offense around him. The college game is becoming the NFL game. The transition is not as steep as it once was. 

I just feel like with this new regime, we need to start anew with everything. Most exciting QB to come out in years, which would bold well for us since we are moving to Vegas. The raiders right now are the least exciting, most irrelevant team in the league with no stars.

Mayock and Gruden are going to want their own guy.

Wow you just saw in the playoffs all running QBs get killed but yet you still want one ?

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There's no reason for us to reach for a quarterback this year. We need to continue to build through the draft this offseason and should build a team that a franchise QB can win with. This year will be very big for Carr because if he doesn't play well we're likely going to move on and look to draft a QB next year. I'd much rather draft Tua, Herbert, or Fromm next year than Haskins or Murray this year. 

Flip side, his value could be higher right now than if he has another average season. You could argue selling high right now. Personally, I agree. He's shown enough in a poor QB draft to hang onto and should improve if they can get more talent around him.

I would still take QB in the draft to develop under him. He's not been good enough to ignore having assets at the position. 

Archived