2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

2 hours ago, Totty said:

I can't help but think this draft is one of the ones where we are really in a GREAT position to land "the guy' or 'guys' we want.  There are so many holes to fill that we really can't go wrong.  The one scenario that I have been going over is 

1- ARI - Bosa

2- SF- Q

3- NYJ- Allen

I really think we need to trade back at this point and see what a QB hungry team is willing to give in order to move up ad land Haskins, Grier, or Murray.  Or even Jones.  The Giants, Jaguars, Broncos (Though I'd pass on trading with them) Bengals, Dolphins, and Redskins are ALL potential trade partners the draft in the next ten picks after us.  Even the Steelers could be a team looking to go QB with Ben in the twilight of his playing career.  

If I am Gruden, I am trying to pit NYG and JAX against each other to see who wants Haskins more.  I could see us landing an extra third, and still landing Devin White with this pick.  In front of Denver who is in the market for an ILB in their front.  

I would not mind that scenario but would like a little more than a third especially if we have Jags and Giants in a bidding war.  At least a 2nd or a 2020 1st which to trade up for a QB is not out of the question.  We got a third and 5th last year for going from 10 to 15 which is less than 4 to 7-8.  Many people last year thought we did not get good value on that trade.  Imagine if we would have held out for their first this year with a little more going back to them and traded Mack to the 49ers instead of Chicago.  I know it is a dream scenario that all teams turn out the same but we could have traded Rosen, PJ Hall, for Mack for Derwin James, Bosa and Q with a shot to still draft Allen or trade back and grab White and a 2020 1st.  Never would have happened but it is fun to think about.  That D-line with Hurst would have been nasty.

D could have been

FA - Hurst - Q - Bosa

FA - White - Whitehead

Conley - James - Joseph - FA

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Big WR without speed = Anquan Bolden

Small white WR who only plays slot = Wes Welker

I can't wait to hear all the Andy Isabella Wes Welker comparisons despite the fact he has sprinters speed lol

Nah I was referencing how Mr Raider and I used to often post the same thing at the same time

On 1/20/2019 at 1:42 PM, Mr Raider said:

I think Ed Oliver is the guy for us at 4. He had a bit of a down year with the injuries and some drama, but its nothing im overly concerned with. He came into the year as the number 2 guy behind Bosa (with some thinking it was close or giving the edge to Oliver). Bosa had some iniury concerns as well. What hurts Oliver more is the scheme specific skill set and build he possesses, but in the current NFL landscape I think thats greatly over exaggerated. Oliver is fast, explosive (his first step is special), strong, young, and can play up and down the defensuve line depending on the situation. He's one of the true, blue chip prospects in this upcoming draft. I agree that edge is a more pressing need, but need is how you end up with guys like Haden, MEJ, Jihad Ward, etc. Hurst and Oliver would see the field plenty together. We're in a spot where we just need elite talent, Oliver is exactly that IMO. As far as the later picks I'd look at guys like Burns, Polite, Ferguson or Sweat. Theres a real chance at any one of those guys being there with the later firsts. 

Totally agree with Oliver.  The blue chip prospects in this draft are Bosa, Q, and Oliver.  Even if Allen is there I want one of those three.

22 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

4. Assuming Bosa was drafted in the top 3. I am going with Rashan Gary. Regardless of if. Q. Willams or J. Allen are available. I watched a few games after seeinf DJ mock him so high. And wow i am more impressed with him then i am with Q or J.Allen. Gary is my number 2 player to Bosa. 

Why do you like Gary's tape so much?  Even the biggest Gary supporters concede that his film and production are very underwhelming. I still like him based on potential and traits but it's pretty crazy to me to have him over Q and come to that conclusion by watching his film.

12 hours ago, Totty said:

I can't help but think this draft is one of the ones where we are really in a GREAT position to land "the guy' or 'guys' we want.  There are so many holes to fill that we really can't go wrong.  The one scenario that I have been going over is 

1- ARI - Bosa

2- SF- Q

3- NYJ- Allen

I really think we need to trade back at this point and see what a QB hungry team is willing to give in order to move up ad land Haskins, Grier, or Murray.  Or even Jones.  The Giants, Jaguars, Broncos (Though I'd pass on trading with them) Bengals, Dolphins, and Redskins are ALL potential trade partners the draft in the next ten picks after us.  Even the Steelers could be a team looking to go QB with Ben in the twilight of his playing career.  

If I am Gruden, I am trying to pit NYG and JAX against each other to see who wants Haskins more.  I could see us landing an extra third, and still landing Devin White with this pick.  In front of Denver who is in the market for an ILB in their front.  

I think you're underestimating Ed Oliver. Why not stay put and draft him?

My Realistic Dream Draft Right Now

1.04 - Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver, DL

With Bosa gone these are my 2 blue chip prospects left.  We’re not in a bad place at DL with Hurst and Hall but I still wouldn’t pass on the best players available for those two.

1.24 - Brian Burns or Jachai Polite, Edge

Our biggest need is still at edge and these two are top 15 prospects overall for me.  Both have size issues but are twitched up speed rushers who should test incredibly well.  I wouldn’t think they would be available but then Daniel Jeremiah left both out of his 1st round mock.

1.27 - TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa

My TE1 in the draft.  If I had to bet I don’t think he’d be here but this draft is full of TEs so he could fall.  Really well a balanced TE that can both block and catch at high levels.

2.03 - Kelvin Harmon, WR, NC State

We need a true WR1 for Carr and Harmon fits the bill.  Huge body, great production, and has the route savy to create separation.

3.02 - Vosean Joseph, LB, Florida

Super twitched up athletic LB that can add some much needed speed to our defense.  Needs some polish but the speed and aggression is fantastic.

4.04 - Preston Williams, WR, Colorado St

Hes flying under the radar right now but I love him.  Former high recruit that transferred to Colorado St and dominated.  Big, strong, fast, and shows nuance in his routes.

10 hours ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Totally agree with Oliver.  The blue chip prospects in this draft are Bosa, Q, and Oliver.  Even if Allen is there I want one of those three.

Why do you like Gary's tape so much?  Even the biggest Gary supporters concede that his film and production are very underwhelming. I still like him based on potential and traits but it's pretty crazy to me to have him over Q and come to that conclusion by watching his film.

I think you're underestimating Ed Oliver. Why not stay put and draft him?

Take a look at his weak competition 

Tackles Def Int Fumbles
Rk Date School   Opponent   Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds TD PD FR Yds TD FF
  8 Games         29 25 54 14.5 3.0 0 0 0 2 0     1
1 2018-09-01 Houston @ Rice W 5 8 13 3.5 0.0 0 0 0 0 0     0
2 2018-09-08 Houston   Arizona W 3 2 5 0.5 0.0 0 0 0 1 0     0
3 2018-09-15 Houston @ Texas Tech L 4 2 6 1.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0     0
4 2018-09-22 Houston   Texas Southern W 1 2 3 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0     0
5 2018-10-04 Houston   Tulsa W 4 9 13 1.5 0.0 0 0 0 0 0     0
6 2018-10-13 Houston @ East Carolina W 6 0 6 5.0 2.0 0 0 0 0 0     1
7 2018-10-20 Houston @ Navy W 4 1 5 2.0 1.0 0 0 0 0 0     0
8 2018-11-23 Houston @ Memphis L 2 1 3 1.0 0.0 0 0 0 1 0     0

38 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Tackles Def Int Fumbles
8 2018-11-23 Houston @ Memphis L 2 1 3 1.0 0.0 0 0 0 1 0     0

Not his fault he went to Houston. You look at traits with college players. Do they translate. 

Take a look at his movement skills and explosiveness. Guy moves like a DB at his size. Pair with his production and you have a blue chip prospect.

Don't overthink this. Oliver is a pure stud

19 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

For anyone looking for write-ups about the senior here is the link to Walter's.

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2019.php

Some sources feel that Williams is one of the most overrated players in the 2019 NFL Draft. They say the Georgia and Alabama tape illustrate that. They felt that he took his foot off the pedal on his late-season tapes and was protecting himself. A few sources said they graded Williams a late first-rounder, while another AFC scout said they graded Williams in the second round. On top of the character worries, Williams; thin frame is providing some on-the-field concerns about how he will translate to the NFL.

Interesting note. Never really got the hype with him. UGA had their way with him and they are not a pass first offense. Murphy,  Baker and the kid from Penn St. who's at the senior bowl look like the guys at CB.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not his fault he went to Houston. You look at traits with college players. Do they translate. 

Take a look at his movement skills and explosiveness. Guy moves like a DB at his size. Pair with his production and you have a blue chip prospect.

Don't overthink this. Oliver is a pure stud

Do you really think he’s 6’3 290?  

They’re serious questions about his size and strength. The Combine is going to be huge for him .

In my opinion he needs 40 in under 4.7 seconds at 30+ reps on the bench and a great 3 cone drill.

If people are going to compare him to Aaron Donald he has a put up numbers like Aaron Donald.

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Tackles Def Int Fumbles