Thoughts on Josh Allen

bigbadbuff23835

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think, instead of posting gifs where each QB makes good throws, we should post gifs where QB's miss blatantly open WR's on very easy throws. It'd make this much more entertaining. I wish I could find the gif of Lamar Jackson throwing a ball 3 feet short of Willie Snead on a curl route against Carolina, but idk how to find it.

Another man who simply gets it.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think, instead of posting gifs where each QB makes good throws, we should post gifs where QB's miss blatantly open WR's on very easy throws. It'd make this much more entertaining. I wish I could find the gif of Lamar Jackson throwing a ball 3 feet short of Willie Snead on a curl route against Carolina, but idk how to find it.

Already did my part. Posted two of Allen doing that in my first post on page three lol

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

play10.gif

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

you dont have to really believe anything but its not realistic to think any qb would fix his warts in teh time from being drafted to his first season. This upcoming offseason is the real tets to see if he can improve. And theres nothing  better than not being able to adjust thoughts/expectations, its like the few guys here who swore up and down calloway would be the best thing since sliced bread.

It's also not realistic to think any QB who is inaccurate in college will suddenly become accurate in the NFL. How many QBs have actually cured their accuracy woes in the NFL?

Goff was an average qb the 2nd half of the year, hes far from being an established qb. Heck, a bad start to next year could put his long term future in la in doubt.

LOL. Goff's second-half numbers extrapolate to 4526 passing yards, 30 passing TDs, 14 Ints, and a 91.6 passer rating. They are well short of his first-half numbers, which extrapolated to 4850 passing yards, 34 TDs, 10 Ints, and a 112.5 passer rating. But average is a bit of an overstatement. And claiming that a bad start to next year puts his long-term future in doubt is a pretty dumb thing to say. However, we're talking about Josh Allen in this thread, not Goff. If you want to create a top 10 QBs thread, we can talk about how awesome Goff is.

34 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's also not realistic to think any QB who is inaccurate in college will suddenly become accurate in the NFL. How many QBs have actually cured their accuracy woes in the NFL?

LOL. Goff's second-half numbers extrapolate to 4526 passing yards, 30 passing TDs, 14 Ints, and a 91.6 passer rating. They are well short of his first-half numbers, which extrapolated to 4850 passing yards, 34 TDs, 10 Ints, and a 112.5 passer rating. But average is a bit of an overstatement. And claiming that a bad start to next year puts his long-term future in doubt is a pretty dumb thing to say. However, we're talking about Josh Allen in this thread, not Goff. If you want to create a top 10 QBs thread, we can talk about how awesome Goff is.

while passer rating isnt the best stat, 91.6 would rank around 22nd in the nfl, 14 interceptions would be tied for 3rd most and 30 tds would be 9th, not to mention the serious drop off in comp % which would have been like 25th in the league.... seems pretty average to me in relation to how other qbs played. you brought iup goff, not me, and it was a poor attempt to show how your preconceived notions were right instead of looking at guys with a clean state.

and we would need to define "curing" accuracy. Show me one person who says he or jackson can or need to be brees like. Can they get to newton/cutler level to where its simply not awful is the question. as ive pointed out a few times, cams been an effective qb with very questionable accuracy, sub 60% most of his career. or a a guy like stafford, who really was a yearly sub 60% comp guy for the forst 4-5 years then become a mid 60's the last 4 or so.

19 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

while passer rating isnt the best stat, 91.6 would rank around 22nd in the nfl, 14 interceptions would be tied for 3rd most and 30 tds would be 9th, not to mention the serious drop off in comp % which would have been like 25th in the league.... seems pretty average to me in relation to how other qbs played. you brought iup goff, not me, and it was a poor attempt to show how your preconceived notions were right instead of looking at guys with a clean state.

I actually didn't bring up Goff. Get your facts straight. I don't look at guys with a clean slate. But if I did, I'd think Allen was a sucky passer. You didn't even try to defend his passing this year. You came forth with the argument of, "He might get better." Seems I'm not the only one with preconceived notions. I don't care what you call Goff. The fact is that he's a top 10 QB by any measure this year. But I'll excuse your jealousy.

and we would need to define "curing" accuracy. Show me one person who says he or jackson can or need to be brees like. Can they get to newton/cutler level to where its simply not awful is the question. as ive pointed out a few times, cams been an effective qb with very questionable accuracy, sub 60% most of his career. or a a guy like stafford, who really was a yearly sub 60% comp guy for the forst 4-5 years then become a mid 60's the last 4 or so.

We don't need to define it. If you think you have examples, post them. So far, you've given us Matt Stafford. Feel free to tell us other QBs you think cured inaccuracy issues when they got to the NFL.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I actually didn't bring up Goff. Get your facts straight. I don't look at guys with a clean slate. But if I did, I'd think Allen was a sucky passer. You didn't even try to defend his passing this year. You came forth with the argument of, "He might get better." Seems I'm not the only one with preconceived notions. I don't care what you call Goff. The fact is that he's a top 10 QB by any measure this year. But I'll excuse your jealousy.

We don't need to define it. If you think you have examples, post them. So far, you've given us Matt Stafford. Feel free to tell us other QBs you think cured inaccuracy issues when they got to the NFL.

no, ididnt defend the accuracy cause it was crap. But he also had some holy crap how did he do that throws and the upside is undeniable. Not sure how thats preconcieved when its only based on this year and i literally didnt see one play of one game of him in college. And all i did was point out factually how Goffs play fell off the 2nd half of they year, despite you posting bulk stats his 2nd hald was average to below average. Not sure what I would be jealous of exactly, or is that something you throw out while throwing a mild tantrum?

And while you dont have to define it (i cant make you do anything), its kinda common sense 101 so id imagine youd be smart enough to want to. cam newton, 42 other qb that ever improved their comp % by even a tenth of a point. this not defining thing sure is fun.

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

no, ididnt defend the accuracy cause it was crap. But he also had some holy crap how did he do that throws and the upside is undeniable. Not sure how thats preconcieved when its only based on this year and i literally didnt see one play of one game of him in college.

The upside is quite deniable. As I said earlier, most of you people don't understand how upside at QB works. It's amazing how many people are terrible at defining QB potential.

And all i did was point out factually how Goffs play fell off the 2nd half of they year, despite you posting bulk stats his 2nd hald was average to below average. Not sure what I would be jealous of exactly, or is that something you throw out while throwing a mild tantrum?

Except his play didn't really fall off. Goff had one terrible game. Outside of the Bears game, he threw 15 TDs to 3 picks over 7 games. Please contain your jealousy. xD

And while you dont have to define it (i cant make you do anything), its kinda common sense 101 so id imagine youd be smart enough to want to. cam newton, 42 other qb that ever improved their comp % by even a tenth of a point. this not defining thing sure is fun.

I assumed you were smart enough to understand the instruction. I apologize. But I have no desire to try and simplify things for you to understand, so I'll just move on.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The upside is quite deniable. As I said earlier, most of you people don't understand how upside at QB works. It's amazing how many people are terrible at defining QB potential.

Yeah for some reason physical size, mobility and arm strength are the things that somehow give a QB “upside”, yet it’s things like timing, accuracy, the ability to process information quickly, etc that typically determine success or failure as long as the physical requirements meet a minimum standard.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah for some reason physical size, mobility and arm strength are the things that somehow give a QB “upside”, yet it’s things like timing, accuracy, the ability to process information quickly, etc that typically determine success or failure as long as the physical requirements meet a minimum standard.

Yep, it's quite odd that so many people define QB "potential" or "upside" using the attributes that less important to success.

26 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Except his play didn't really fall off. Goff had one terrible game. Outside of the Bears game, he threw 15 TDs to 3 picks over 7 games. Please contain your jealousy. xD

I assumed you were smart enough to understand the instruction. I apologize. But I have no desire to try and simplify things for you to understand, so I'll just move on.

sorry man, your not smarter than anyone else, you dont hold the secret ways qbs are good or not. the vast majority see allens upside, i gave you too much credit i see though.

Secondly, you dont get to remove games, fact is in the 2nd half goff was an average qb. theres numerous stats that back that up.

Lastly, im not dumb enough to refuse to define the exact subject im arguing about. im a dummy and i know that.  Again, youre not smarter than anyone. And you sure get salty when people disagree with you, might wanna get that checked out.

Archived