Call your shot: Veteran Cuts Edition

AlexGreen#20

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

?? You referring to Bulaga? I'm not following.
His 2019 hit is listed on Spotrac as 8.3M.

Generally - I dont see us bleeding cash at any of our OL positions. We can afford what we've got - and I value (a healthy) Bulaga's production & contribution a good deal. Spriggs - while seemingly improved - has yet to show he's ready to step in fully - and I dont want to get into the rollcall of backups and fill ins getting snaps for us. We need AR to turn things around next year?

1. Sign McDaniels to run the offense. Hit the ground running and dont look back.
2. Fortify the OL. PROTECT AR.

We save ~$7M by releasing him.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We save ~$7M by releasing him.

Okay. got it now. Heres the deal for me.
Either we find a bonafide replacement. No ifs, ands or buts. A done deal. A plug and play guy - and Spriggs is not that yet IMO - or we pay Bulaga.

I dont think we can find such a player for much less than the 7M we'd save releasing him. So right now? I say pay the guy. Call it a good investment and draft (or FA) his eventual replacement - again, cause relying on Spriggs to be that guy......

Again - we NEED AR to get back on track next year. It's priority one. Put this "mystery year 2018" in the rear view mirror. Running from right side pressure - or taking hits in the chops from there - isnt the best road to where we need to go. IMO. 

The Bear's game last night is exactly why you can't cut Mason. He's not a STUD anymore, but who the heck do you get to replace him? I'm assuming, of course, that the Bears actually tried to replace Parkey at some point, but man...would just as soon GB not go thru a mess like trying to find a kicker if they don't have to.

Archived