2019 College Football Championship | #2 Clemson vs #1 Alabama

naptownskinsfan

Who wins the National Championship  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the National Championship?

Who | #2 Clemson vs #1 Alabama 

When | Monday January 7th - 8:00 PM EST

Where | Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara FL   

TV | ESPN

Players to Watch

#2 Clemson

QB | #16 | Trevor Lawrence | FR
RB | #9 | Travis Etienne | SO
WR | #5 | Tee Higgins | SO

DL | #67 | Albert Huggins | SR
DE | #99 | Clelin Ferrell | JR
LB | #34 | Kendall Joseph | rSR

#1 Alabama
QB | #13 | Tua Tagovailoa | SO
WR | #4 | Jerry Jeudy | SO
OL | #73 | Jonah Williams | JR

DT | #92 | Quinnen Williams | rSO
DT | #99 | Raekwon Davis | JR
S | #14 | Deionte Thompson | rJR

Two best teams in the country. I expect a good game. I have more faith in Tua than Lawrence so give them a slight edge. I do think Clemson’s D is better though and if they keep up their high level performance could carry them to a win. 

If it were to rain tomorrow night, it would prove that any CFP title game held outdoors can be affected by inclement weather. Not just a theoretical game in a city like Cleveland. Green Bay or East Rutherford.

Not saying that it will rain. But remember the Super Bowl between the Bears and Colts all those years ago? That was an ugly game because of the rain.

I don't mind the rain.  No area where there is any hint of snow will get to host a national championship game unless they have a domed stadium, though.  The Vikings stadium comes to mind, but the rest of the NFL stadiums in the north and northeast are all open-air stadiums.  The Redskins are the next team up for a new stadium I think, and if I know Snyder, he's going to want a dome because he wants the money from hosting events like the Super Bowl, National Championship, Wrestlemania, etc.  

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

rooting for Alabama because its probably the most unpopular option and if they keep winning the title every year something would need to be done about the inequities in college football

valid point. 

Archived