LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

6 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I also read somewhere a couple of minutes ago LaFleur has given our WR coach his walking papers too  The hits keep on coming!  :D

Only offensive coach I think that has a shot... a shot is James Campen.

Joe might... although Mark’s shout out to him makes me believe he is gone too.

Defensive staff will survive because they are Pettine’s guys not McCarthy’s (sans joe Whitt).

Plus Pettine hired LaFleur’s mentor in Kyle soooo I’m sure Kyle is like you have a solid DC in place.

There's only three open playcalling gigs around the NFL at the moment.

Titans 
Miami (who might hire Kris Richard as HC)
Detroit

Its safe to say that Monken is probably going to target Miami and Detriot after failing to land a HC gig so any chance of him coordinating for us seems highly unlikely.

Mike LaFleur, Mike McDaniel,  Zac Taylor and Shane Waldron will be looked at heavily by the Titans as they would be able to carry on with the offence Matt LaFleur put in place. Unfortunately that does mean we are in close competition with the Titans for these same coaches. Theirs has playcalling and ours is not so we are at a bit of a disadvantage.

I like the idea of Dan Campbell being our coordinator. His leadership and gravitas would be a good complement to LaFleur intellect and passive stature. I think he's getting passed over for HC gigs because he has never coordinated an offence let alone make play calls. If he has any ambition to be a head coach one day he will need to leave for a coordinator gig. His weakness is probably the X and O's part of the game which is a required prerequisite for a coordinator and he would get the chance to build on concepts he learned in New Orleans by learning more concepts under LaFleur. However I believe LaFleur wants someone who knows his offence to help him implement it which would rule Campbell out but if LaFleur fails to land any of the guys he wanted then Campbell could become a very real possibility. The Packers have recently interviewed Campbell so they will be familiar with him and he used to work with Zac Taylor at Miami who LaFleur knows from his time at the Rams.

Again if LaFleur fails to land any of the guys he wants then John DeFilippo is an option. I believe Pettine and Angelichio is familar with him from Cleveland. Like Dan Campbell, he doesn't know the offence that LaFleur wants to run.

Just now, Chili said:

There's only three open playcalling gigs around the NFL at the moment.

Titans 
Miami (who might hire Kris Richard as HC)
Detroit

Its safe to say that Monken is probably going to target Miami and Detriot after failing to land a HC gig so any chance of him coordinating for us seems highly unlikely.

Mike LaFleur, Mike McDaniel,  Zac Taylor and Shane Waldron will be looked at heavily by the Titans as they would be able to carry on with the offence Matt LaFleur put in place. Unfortunately that does mean we are in close competition with the Titans for these same coaches. Theirs has playcalling and ours is not so we are at a bit of a disadvantage.

I like the idea of Dan Campbell being our coordinator. His leadership and gravitas would be a good complement to LaFleur intellect and quieter stature. I think he's getting passed over for HC gigs because he has never coordinated an offence let alone make play calls. If he has any ambition to be a head coach one day he will need to leave for a coordinator gig. His weakness is probably the X and O's part of the game which is a required prerequisite for a coordinator and he would get the chance to build on concepts he learned in New Orleans by learning more concepts under LaFleur. However I believe LaFleur wants someone who knows his offence to help him implement it which would rule Campbell out but if LaFleur fails to land any of the guys he wanted then Campbell could become a very real possibility. The Packers have recently interviewed Campbell so they will be familiar with him and he used to work with Zac Taylor at Miami who LaFleur knows from his time at the Rams.

Again if LaFleur fails to land any of the guys he wants then John DeFilippo is an option. I believe Pettine and Angelichio is familar with him from Cleveland. Like Dan Campbell, he doesn't know the offence that LaFleur wants to run.

With play calling having such a buzz these days - and rightfully so - gotta wonder how many are hesitant to take a job where LeFleur will call plays ?

Archived