LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Sounds like us getting McDaniel is a long shot if they denied it to AZ, but hen agian maybe it’s because they’re divisional? 

Denying individuals for a divisional rival is near automatic, unless the team doesn't want the coach back.  I think it was a few years ago the Lions wanted to interview Winston Moss for the DC gig, and the Packers rejected it.  I wouldn't say it's likely, but I wouldn't use the Arizona interview request as proof.

1 hour ago, SSG said:

I don't know much about him but it's a little concerning that he's never been associated with a quality passing attack in his NFL coaching career.  He's been the coordinator of a bunch of bad or really mediocre offenses. 

Saying that though, he's had garbage at QB.  EJ Manuel, Thaddeus Lewis, Jeff Tuel, Kyle Orton, Blake Bortles and Cody Kessler were his starting QBs.  That's a BAD, BAD, BAD list of QBs.

Look who his QBs are...I swear, people will immediately write off a coach if they aren't producing jaw dropping numbers.  He's had a whose who of mediocre QBs.  Hell, he even managed to make Blake Bortles look like an actual starting QB.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This guy seems like his dad got him in the biz. Not any sort of experience I'd want to tap in to. Pass.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Agree

Or (and here's a novel idea), we could trust the new head coach to have some idea what he is doing, with the guys he's looking to hire. He probably has 20x the input to make his decision, compared to any of us. If it goes wrong (and it isn't often ALL the new coach hires work out), then we can point fingers and be wise after the event.

The two opinions I quoted above, how much was that opinion based on, BEFORE I posted this ?

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Pass .. there have to be better options out there.

and if LaFleur is thinking about adding Hackett, it likely means his better options aren't being made available, unfortunately. Sounds like GB wanted Mike McDaniel but Shanny is blocking teams from it

Herman:

Here's my top choices for Packers' OC:

Sean Ryan - QB Coach - Texans
John DeFilippo - Former OC - Vikings
Todd Monken - Former OC - Bucs
Nathaniel Hackett - Former OC - Jaguars
Mike McDaniel - Run Game OC - 49ers
Mike Kafka - QB Coach - Chiefs
Duce Staley - RBs coach - Eagles

Monken, and maybe even McDaniel, would be lower on my list because I think they could be head coach candidates next year and then GBs in the same spot as they are now.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Herman:

Monken, and maybe even McDaniel, would be lower on my list because I think they could be head coach candidates next year and then GBs in the same spot as they are now.

McDaniel is the only one I think has direct ties to LaFleur.  Hackett has already been linked already though.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Herman:

Sean Ryan - QB coach during Eli Manning's worst year (well, one of his worst years in 2013)

Nathaniel Hackett - Took the 20th ranked Buffalo offense to ranks of 25 and 26 as an OC. Then the Bills jumped to 9th the year he left.

Archived