Brent Grimes admits to not wanting to play because of how he was being used

warfelg

A good short CB covered (sorry shadowed) a great WR only two inches taller than him. Instead of covering a really good WR who is 4 inches taller than him and much younger?!? 

Dude was given his best assignment to suit his lack of height. He was paid more than I'd give him for an aging, undersized vet. 1 year 3 million if he's lucky to get an offer after all this. I don't want him on my team. Too much off field attention and why it's just getting easier to pass on talented drama. Will be interesting to see FA with this Saftey class.Some will be desired and some might have to wait a long time again. As a Raider fan we'll probably need 1 or 2 so it'll be interesting to see who goes where. With no home next season, I could see us picking up the leftovers after draft cuts.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:36 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

How exactly is she his "skanky side piece" when they are married? L-O-L......

And yes, folks are missing the point here. He just felt for what he was getting paid that he didn't expect to have true #1 CB responsibilities. Figured if they were paying him $7 million, then he would just play his side. You could definitely say he got paid his worth, but he's a proud corner who's been playing top level ball for years. And he's always had that chip on his shoulder being an undersized undrafted CB that ended up becoming a four time Pro Bowler. Grimes has had a great career all things considered, but he may not get another shot after this season. Oh well...........

yeah but you know before signing if the team scheme has corners move. Some teams never shadow anyone and just play sides if he wanted to do that why not sign for one of those teams?>

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah but you know before signing if the team scheme has corners move. Some teams never shadow anyone and just play sides if he wanted to do that why not sign for one of those teams?>

Maybe that was a point discussed in negotiations where Grimes said if I'm a number 1 corner than I need to be paid more but they said at this point of your career we don't see you as one? And I can be wrong, but I don't think the Bucs usually move their corners for a particular match up? They usually just play their side? 

Either way, Grimes mentioned the negotiations in the offseason basically left a bad taste in his mouth so something must have been told to him that he felt the team went against their word. 

You see this and then you see LeBron and Gurley on HBO calling the NFL owners out for having 'plantation mentality' for not having guaranteed contracts.

(and because the NFL lets players kneel unlike the NBA?)

NBA players do this all the time because they know they will get paid / bought out.

Jimmy Butler may be about to do it with his 2nd team in the same season.

12 hours ago, SkippyX said:

You see this and then you see LeBron and Gurley on HBO calling the NFL owners out for having 'plantation mentality' for not having guaranteed contracts.

(and because the NFL lets players kneel unlike the NBA?)

NBA players do this all the time because they know they will get paid / bought out.

Jimmy Butler may be about to do it with his 2nd team in the same season.

I am trying to understand your point here, but am forced to admit I don't.

12 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am trying to understand your point here, but am forced to admit I don't.

Grimes is a player paid a lot of money to cover wide receivers.

He was offended that he was asked to do his job so he stopped trying while making 7 million dollars.

Gurley and LeBron attacked NFL owners partly because they don't give out fully guaranteed contracts.

They did this on HBO.

Their point is that all NFL players should get free money if they try or not and the owners should take all the risk for performance or injury.

The owners disagreeing with this was called a 'Plantation Mentality'

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

He was offended that he was asked to do his job so he stopped trying while making 7 million dollars.

Gurley and LeBron attacked NFL owners partly because they don't give out fully guaranteed contracts.

They did this on HBO.

Their point is that all NFL players should get free money if they try or not and the owners should take all the risk for performance or injury.

The owners are not risking anything. Do you think they are personally usually money from their bank account??

21 hours ago, SkippyX said:

They did this on HBO.

I don't think their point is what you think it is.

On 1/7/2019 at 7:03 PM, Mazrimiv said:

I don't think their point is what you think it is.

Feel free to tell me what you think their point is.

I heard Gurley griping about the state of his league after he just got 45 million of 57.5 million of his contract guaranteed.

Archived