Offseason/Coaching Rumors, 2019 Edition

TheKillerNacho

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Our DC this year can't even get a single HC interview. Meanwhile, Sean McVay's long-time barber could probably get a HC interview quicker.

I think he will, if he manages to pull together another season like this one.

Martindale's been around a while, but only been a DC for all of two seasons.  I think most teams probably just want to see more.

And no, i can't explain Taylor using that same logic.  Other than to say i think the Bengals were just outliers there.

Just now, theJ said:

I think he will, if he manages to pull together another season like this one.

Martindale's been around a while, but only been a DC for all of two seasons.  I think most teams probably just want to see more.

And no, i can't explain Taylor using that same logic.  Other than to say i think the Bengals were just outliers there.

Yeah I was gonna say "That logic doesn't seem to apply to literally anyone else" but it is what it is. I'm not mad about it, because it means we don't have to go through another coordinator change. I just think it's hilarious right now that if you are in any way associated with Sean McVay you're automatically a HC candidate this year.

19 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah I was gonna say "That logic doesn't seem to apply to literally anyone else" but it is what it is. I'm not mad about it, because it means we don't have to go through another coordinator change. I just think it's hilarious right now that if you are in any way associated with Sean McVay you're automatically a HC candidate this year.

It tells you how highly the NFL regards Sean McVay.

22 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

wants his own guy? What a joke. 

We'll take him back!

But yeah this is weird for Reich. I understand wanting your own guy but Dave was successful there. And those recommendations have to be worth like, nothing. "This guys awesome even tho I don't want him!"

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

wants his own guy? What a joke. 

Meh, it's not like DeGuglielmo put a band of outcast lineman together to form one of the leagues better lines in football. There are three first round picks (Costanzo, Nelson, Kelly), and a second rounder (B. Smith) that comprise the unit. I'm sure he's a good coach and all, but with that much talent you really can't attribute all their success to his coaching prowess. 

The Bengals also let go Frank Pollack go, who was really good here this past season considering the pieces he had to work with. I can only assume his replacement would be an upgrade. Bill Callahan, who has connections to Zac Taylor through Nebraska, is the likeliest candidate when connecting the dots.

Pollack should be highly coveted. He's one of the few coaches us fans wanted to keep.

Archived