Jump to content
TheKillerNacho

Offseason/Coaching Rumors, 2019 Edition

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

 

I doubt the Kingsbury part of that given that USC has already blocked him from head coaching vacancies.  I'm unsure how he could be refused head coaching opportunities by USC but not a coordinator position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I doubt the Kingsbury part of that given that USC has already blocked him from head coaching vacancies.  I'm unsure how he could be refused head coaching opportunities by USC but not a coordinator position. 

He could resign. Probably should have waited out before signing will the USC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

 

I'd prefer an offensive minded HC, but he's definitely an intriguing candidate. He's done really well with Indy's defense despite their relative lack of talent on that side of the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I doubt the Kingsbury part of that given that USC has already blocked him from head coaching vacancies.  I'm unsure how he could be refused head coaching opportunities by USC but not a coordinator position. 

He is going to resign.  If NFL teams view him as a potential candidate, I'm sorry, but you as an employer should let that play out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

He is going to resign.  If NFL teams view him as a potential candidate, I'm sorry, but you as an employer should let that play out. 

Seems weird to resign over an OC job with the Pats but not a potential HC gig with the three teams that came calling. Maybe its because if McD is gone, he's been assured the job? Obviously the other opportunities were just that - opportunities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Elway blocking all interviews with kubiak as the Falcons and Browns were trying to get an interview with him.  This sucks completely because he was the main guy i wanted as our OC and would have been the perfect fit for us since we run his scheme and have a ton of talent on offense for him to work with.    Now watch us go with Bevell and somehow do the most Falcons thing possible and actually choose the 1 guy i think would be a downgrade from Sark.

Edited by FalconFan13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

Elway blocking all interviews with kubiak as the Falcons and Browns were trying to get an interview with him.  This sucks completely because he was the main guy i wanted as our OC and would have been the perfect fit for us since we run his scheme and have a ton of talent on offense for him to work with.    Now watch us go with Bevell and somehow do the most Falcons thing possible and actually choose the 1 guy i think would be a downgrade from Sark.

Was just going to post this. 

From what I had heard on a podcast or radio show or something (can't remember which), I believe that there was talk about Kubiak being the OC in Denver for whomever takes over the HC job there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boltstrikes said:

Why would he even want to interview for an OC position? I don’t get this. I mean if he’s healthy and wants it is the Broncos HC by default? Who else would they hire if he would take the job?

Supposedly he doesn't want a full time HC job anymore after the health problems but is looking to be a OC again.  Munch from the steelers seems to be the HC leading person for Denver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seems weird to resign over an OC job with the Pats but not a potential HC gig with the three teams that came calling. Maybe its because if McD is gone, he's been assured the job? Obviously the other opportunities were just that - opportunities. 

I was referring to the other head coaching positions.  USC is a head coaching job that can compete with the NFL, but again, unless you are at the Nick Saban level, if the NFL comes calling, you should probably listen.  NFL teams are desperate for more offense, and as they continually add college concepts, they want the minds behind them, meaning Kingsbury has come up in rumors for head coaching hires as well as offensive coordinator.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forge said:

Was just going to post this. 

From what I had heard on a podcast or radio show or something (can't remember which), I believe that there was talk about Kubiak being the OC in Denver for whomever takes over the HC job there. 

I hope they don't want him as their OC and he can come over here still lol.  I know Denver did him well and all but the talent level on both offenses is a drastic difference he could come in day 1 with Ryan, Julio, Sanu, Ridley, Freeman, and Hooper and be a top 5 offense and a SB ready offense imo.   Hes gonna have a bit of work to do with Keenum for sure but maybe he prefers the challenge and i can't blame him for being a loyal person.  Just think our situation would be a better one for him to succeed at a high level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xenos said:

Probably doesn't want the full responsibility of a HC anymore. Too stressful and he has suffered for it in the past.

Maybe not as much as HC but being a coordinator is still incredibly stressful. Just as much as gameday stress too unless someone else would be calling plays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×