Mock Offseason.... A little Different on DL

OnWisconsin-JRS

Coaching:

Head Coach- Josh Daniels 

Brings his own staff who knows who is on it.

Free Agents:

Grady Jarrett

Tre Boston

Shaquil Barrett 

Cut/Not Brought Back:

Nick Perry

Randall Cobb

M. Wilkerson

Tramon Williams

Brought Back:

Clay Matthews

B. Breeland

Restructure:

Mason Crosby 

Brian Buluga 

Jimmy Graham 

THE DRAFT:

1: Jachai Polite OLB Florida

Finally an athlete that can challenge the edge and win one on one blocks haven’t had that since early Clay.

1: Nasir Adderley S Delaware 

PLAYMAKER! Flying up draft boards and gives us that big play in the secondary and special teams.

2: Cody Ford OT Oklahoma 

Fights for RG and is Bugula replacement 

3: Chris Lindstrom G Boston College 

Fights for RG and I hope he wins brings a nasty streak we need that we lost with Lang.

4: Kaden Smith TE Stanford  

4: Issac Nauta TE Georgia 

Putting both TE together. He address a problem area with back to back picks. Jimmy stays for another year to help teach and we keep Tonyan. Gives us four good options this year and three going forward. In two years I love our TE. (Big fan of Stanford TE and Nauta is a former 5 star with big time potential) 

5: Anthony-Ratliff Williams WR North Carolina 

Replaces Cobb in slot. Not the greatest athlete but former QB that can get open and hopefully be a PR

6: Khalil Hodge ILB Buffalo 

Special teamer and big time college tackler May have something to challenge Burks.

6: Jamal Peters CB Mississippi St.

DEPTH. Injuries kill us. If healthy we have a great secondary. But with King out we struggle. But when King is healthy I believe we can play with anyone. A healthy three of King, Breeland and Alexander in slot is great. Jackson, Brown and Peters now round it out.

7: Anthony Nelson DT Iowa 

Love Iowa Lineman and fights for a spot

Just now, Pugger said:

Should we double dip at TE tho?

Depends on the head coach.  McDaniels and the Patriots like using multiple tight end sets.  Remember when they had Hernandez and Gronkowski? 

Positions like TE/WR/RB/ILB/IOL I think absolutely, yes, you double dip in the later rounds.  Two fourth round picks is significantly less capital than a first round pick, and it gives you two shots at one player turning out than one shot at a significantly more important draft pick. 

Really like the positions for the draft slots.  Also like the idea of double dipping the tight ends but don't know much about the players.   Agree on players let go and the  signings of free agents although not sure if they are best bang for the buck as amounts not listed.  Looks like a good thought process for the packers.  

Excellent approach... I came across Nasir Adderley S Delaware while reading the prospect profiles on the Draftnetwork site and became convinced that he is someone we should pursue. In the past week I have seen his draft stock falling anywhere from 5th round to now possibly sneaking into the end of the 1st Round

Interesting offseason. I like some things, dislike some.

I like the HC hire. Offensive guy, who has experience. He won't have too much responsibility like he did in Denver. I will say, if we go with an offensive HC, I doubt the first addition to the offense we'll make is an OL in the second round. I see us adding a vet wr, or a playmaker with the second one or mid second. In addition, I think we'd be doing a disservice to AR not adding anything to our skills positions outside of more development prospects at TE/WR.

I'm fine with the free agents. I'd like at least one good starter (Barret) and a few pieces which this would add. I'd personally keep Tramon, just because we'd still be thin on the backend with this offseason. If he's corner 4/safety 3 he's fine.

For the draft;

Polite- I'm cool with. He's my realistic first choice.

Adderly- I like him, but not in the first. He has some nice tape, but small (under 200), only a 4.55 speed guy, small school, nfl moving away from valuing safeties... Too many question marks for a first. I know he has some buzz but I don't see him as more than a day two/early 3 prospect.

Ford- I don't like him for us. We're going to pass 60-40 and he struggles with speed rushers. Pass.

2 TEs? We need one but I don't see us dumping 2 4ths in a position that is notorious for taking 1-2 years to develop. One would likely always be a gameday inactive. I'd rather see a DB for depth, special teams RB/KR

I like this mock, probably because it includes most of the guys that I've seen and read a little on.

To sum it up...you got an EDGE with an elite trait...quickness.

Addressed the 0-line.  Probably got two guards there...maybe Ford can flip to RT, but I do like him.  I think I like Lindstrom better, though.

I think you can question the double dip at tight end.  But I won't sweat it.

Adderly is becoming a favorite of mine.

You got me a good DL, veteran FS and a second/third tier edge that should cost much.

I dig it.

Archived