NFC Wild Card Philadelphia @ Chicago

SBLIII

5 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I'm saying there is an established rule on what makes a catch a catch.  In this case, it met that definition, but was called not a catch because of other stupidity by the refs.  It doesnt' make sense to call a catch something other than a catch.

Yeah, you're arguing a technicality, but that technicality doesn't exist. They eliminated it because they realized how dumb it would be to overturn a play like that and give the offensive team the ball. They got it right.

Just now, Centurion said:

The tuck rule was technically correct, too.

Your point?  If it's something, like the Tuck Rule that needs to be changed/affected in the offseason then that's the time to do it.  When you're in-playoffs and a regular season has been played already with a rulebook in place, you go by that rulebook.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Your point?  If it's something, like the Tuck Rule that needs to be changed/affected in the offseason then that's the time to do it.  When you're in-playoffs and a regular season has been played already with a rulebook in place, you go by that rulebook.

I agree. My point was it needs to be changed. But yes, times up to do so this season.

Archived