BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

Not all of us can be given great QBs by hockey!

You are correct. 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Because its consistent. Some schools do a poor job of QB development. And arent good as choosing the right coaches for that task. History tends to repeat itself 

I get this logic but this usually only applies to coaches whose QBs failed in the NFL before, new coaches should be exempt from this rule. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

Also Urban Meyer isn't a new coach every one of his Florida quarterbacks failed

I'm saying in general, history does tend to repeat itself but every new QB is a new QB. 

I really like Haskins, but like I said leading up to the draft it just isn't a great draft for QB's. If Haskins somehow made it to me in the 2nd I would've drafted him most likely. It just depends on how much you value the player you think he's going to be.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Ryan Day was Haskins head coach during his great season

I'm just not a Believer the thing you a great season makes a player was drafted in the first round Askins has roll tools that could lead to being very good quarterback but he is going to need a lot of coaching at the NFL level there is a reason why former Ohio State players have attempted to convert to running back or wide receiver. The big difference which I will give half cans credit for his he's not nearly as good of a runner has as past Ohio State quarterbacks have been and I'm not saying that he can't run but let's be real he's not as good of a runner and he is in my opinion a better passer than previous Ohio State quarterbacks but then again I'm also not nearly buying into the hype of someone like Kyler Murray