BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

So did Whicker ACTUALLY step down? Or are we just not allowing him the same length of time that BDP got?

I don't think they are the same thing. BDP came out and said he didn't plan to be around much during the offseason. So replacing a guy who said he wouldn't be around when he wasn't around didn't seem right. 

Whicker, I have no clue, it sounded like he was out out. So a new owner needs to be found IMO.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I don't think they are the same thing. BDP came out and said he didn't plan to be around much during the offseason. So replacing a guy who said he wouldn't be around when he wasn't around didn't seem right. 

Whicker, I have no clue, it sounded like he was out out. So a new owner needs to be found IMO.

Mind if I pm him and see if i can talk to him and see where he is at on it before we make any swift decisions?

I'm not saying your wrong but he was a really good owner imo. Hate to lose him if he doesnt really wanna leave

Mind if I pm him and see if i can talk to him and see where he is at on it before we make any swift decisions?

I'm not saying your wrong but he was a really good owner imo. Hate to lose him if he doesnt really wanna leave

I mean, he hasn't been here in weeks, for the most crucial part of the season. So I don't think just talking about it is swift by any means. 

And I agree, I don't want him to leave either. But at the very least he'd need a full time co-owner, because owners attempting to get themselves kicked out of the playoffs for no reason, then refusing to participate in the playoffs can't be done again. 

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I mean, he hasn't been here in weeks, for the most crucial part of the season. So I don't think just talking about it is swift by any means. 

And I agree, I don't want him to leave either. But at the very least he'd need a full time co-owner, because owners attempting to get themselves kicked out of the playoffs for no reason, then refusing to participate in the playoffs can't be done again. 

I don't disagree with any of that I don't even know if you will respond to me gonna send Amanda message and see if he responds see what he has to say and how he feels and it's there is something they can be done to keep him active but also get him some help to run the team it's not I mean we replace him no harm no foul

WW I know you had a trade worked out with him and him not being here bums you out but he said he was done. Didn’t show up when his team was in the playoffs. I’ve quit before too but for like three days. He’s been gone a while. I wish him the best but it’s not always easy finding a new owner to replace someone. We need to find someone. Hopefully your trade gets worked out with someone else or the new owner. 

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

WW I know you had a trade worked out with him and him not being here bums you out but he said he was done. Didn’t show up when his team was in the playoffs. I’ve quit before too but for like three days. He’s been gone a while. I wish him the best but it’s not always easy finding a new owner to replace someone. We need to find someone. Hopefully your trade gets worked out with someone else or the new owner. 

My trade has nothing to do with why I offered to contact him. If he is done, he is done. I was genuinely just offering to make an effort of communication.  Nothing more. My trade isn't as important as making sure the team is taken care of.

I'm still pissed about how much time BDP was given. I was one of fee people pounding the table to replace him because he left the team high and dry, while another GM might have actually done something in free agency and the shark tank.

Go figure after all of it, he was replaced anyway. While this is different, it's still silly to not allow your team a fighting chance in the playoffs. So I agree. If he said he is done, it's time to move on.

Do we have replacement options?

• Like 1

My trade has nothing to do with why I offered to contact him. If he is done, he is done. I was genuinely just offering to make an effort of communication.  Nothing more. My trade isn't as important as making sure the team is taken care of.

I'm still pissed about how much time BDP was given. I was one of fee people pounding the table to replace him because he left the team high and dry, while another GM might have actually done something in free agency and the shark tank.

Go figure after all of it, he was replaced anyway. While this is different, it's still silly to not allow your team a fighting chance in the playoffs. So I agree. If he said he is done, it's time to move on.

Do we have replacement options?

I don’t care that some have tried to blackball @ny92mike from returning and not respected all his work on the books. He is a damn great option. @samsel23 would be a great option as he took over my team for a few days but I really regretted it as I was going through a really rough time and he gave it back to me very respectfully so he would deserve a spot. @SwAg is an option he has the experience of BDL and we could always use his sass. @EaglesPeteC would be interesting as he has always been a huge part of TCMD. @squire12 would be a great owner as well. @BowserBroncos would be another that I believe would be really great at this. Plus he is a Broncos fan.

There are many great possible owners. 

• Like 2