BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

51 minutes ago, Counselor said:

So @samsel23 has agreed to give me control of Anchorage. He knows I regret giving them up and he is very busy. I would like to keep him on as cogm. Or if he would like to go back to Orlando it’s up to him. I hope this is okay with you guys. BDL is important to me. You have my word I will not quit or threaten to anymore. I look forward to rebuilding this team how I had set out to. 

Welcome back from one of the shortest exists in a long time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

Lucky for you all I hit my limit early so I'm going to hammer out a few more picks.

#6 - Anchorage - Andraez "Greedy" Williams, CB, LSU

If I'm Anchorage I certainly have to take a pause after Wichita grabs AJ Brown at #5. I just traded away DeAndre Hopkins and Aaron Rodgers and came into this draft with the plans of restocking my offense for the future. Unfortunately, the value is starting to get a bit icky with Metcalf, Murray, Williams, and Brown all gone.

So my first decision point comes with Kirk Cousins. Can Kirk Cousins, if I do enough with him, do enough to win a BDL championship? If the answer is no, do I like Haskins enough to take him here? I decide, however, that Kirk Cousins can win a BizzBowl if given the support.

This team has a strong edge duo in Cameron Jordan and Trey Flowers, and I believe that those players can be productive for a couple more years at the least. Counselor recently cultivated the interior of the line with the acquisitions of Jarran Reed and Vita Vea, and I want to see those mature. Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams are starting to look good value wise, but they'd be semi-wasted on a group with a strong foundation already at D-line. So, I'm looking at the top two non-D-line players: Greedy and Devin White. Anchorage suffered through serious corner issues last year and CB is the much more valuable position, so Greedy is the easy choice between the two.

#7 - Wichita - Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

After getting the urgent need of a WR1 prospect out of the way, it's time to take a quick evaluation of where I'm at if I'm Wichita. I certainly have a QB I believe in and an RB that I've already invested a high draft pick and am committing a decent salary to. I've currently got to address the interior of my offensive line as well, but this is a little high to be committing to an interior O-lineman that's not Quenton Nelson.

My defense is pretty good already, but it's on the older side with Kuechly, Talib, Smith, and Graham all nearing the end of their careers. I could see a reasoning behind picking nearly every position on defense as well as for leaving them alone for the year. This frees me up to take who I believe is the best overall defensive player left on the board.

#8 - Gotham - Nick Bosa, Edge, The Ohio State

Strategy wise, I'm torn between three prospects here if I'm Gotham. I'm in a dire situation with my pass catchers with really only one player, Jarvis Landry, who I feel comfortable rolling out this coming season. I would be hoping to land either Metcalf or Brown, but in this spot, I believe Hockenson is the best pass catcher available and he's a consideration.

I'm also torn between Devin White and Nick Bosa, as they both address needs on my defense. Gotham has been plagued by edge issues for as long as I can remember, and he is certainly the best player among these three in the best position. He's the pick.

#9 - Camden - Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida

If I'm Camden I'm committed to Lamar Jackson and, with the acquisition of DeAndre Hopkins, I'm ready to see just how far Jackson can take me.

Devin White is a consideration here, potentially giving me the best young LB duo in the league. That, however, seems close to a luxury as my defense is already very strong from top to bottom. I'm a veteran LB signing away from receiving the same treatment from voters. What I'm really looking to do is make sure I can convince people that Lamar is a QB that is on that "good enough" level. I'm taking a look at my O-line and I see it as the weakness of this offense. I like my RBs. I've got an elite WR. I've got complementary WRs and an acceptable TE. I'm going to address the offensive line in this draft if I'm Camden, and of course it has got to start with a T.

#10 - Ivory Coast - Devin White, LB, LSU

I'm trying to trade down from this pick if I'm Ivory Coast, as they are in a very good spot. They have a strong roster, but they could use a lot of youth and depth. The most pressing needs here are TE, LB, S, G, and I could see RT as well. The holes at TE, LB, and G, though, can easily be plugged through free agency for a win-now season, and their need at S is more from the most desperate need of a infusion of youth.

If I can't trade down I'm pretty much in BPA mode here, and I think Devin White fits that criterion along with filling a need.

Whicker I like your mock 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MD4L said:

Well now we’ve solved it @TedLavie @WFLukic

And I still don't. 

Bad OL

Meh QB/WR combo

At that time bad RB (no Gordon then)

No TE

Bad Lbs

No CB besides PP

I think OKC was one of the worst team last year, hence why I voted against them many times. The fact they got the #2 seed is 1. Inexplicable for me 2. A credit to Whicker gameplanning ability

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whicker said:

#3 and #4 - Louisiana - Josh Allen, edge, Kentucky and Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

The WR/CB matchup is the most important 1 on 1 in BDL, but the OT/Edge is next on the list. Louisiana is stacked at CB and is likely set there for the next couple of years. With the selection of Metcalf, their WR situation is similarly great, and there will be other spots in the draft to hedge my bets at pass catcher if I really desire.

Brady isn't on this team anymore and that'll immediately expose a weakness at tackle and Jonah Williams is the best bet to step in and fill that role. Left tackles are a rarity in free agency in BDL and so this likely presents the best opportunity at one.

Louisiana has Dee Ford on the edge, but you need two pass rushers to have a good pass rush in BDL. It's easy to scheme in TE chips, line slides, RB help, etc to take your one big guy out of the game. Josh Allen, IMO, is the best edge prospect in this class.

#5 - Wichita - AJ Brown, Ole Miss

Wichita's WR situation is simply awful and, quite frankly, you're not winning in this league without at least one "WR1." If I'm Wichita, I'm looking to rebuild my WR corps in this draft and put my franchise QB in a position to succeed. I'm using one of my top two picks on a WR. I saw my top target get taken early and I see Anchorage, who just traded away DeAndre Hopkins, immediately after me. I take the safe WR1 prospect here and look at my #7 pick to pick up one of the defenders who's falling.

Not fan of him at #1 But you got to go Bosa here

5 hours ago, Counselor said:

So @samsel23 has agreed to give me control of Anchorage. He knows I regret giving them up and he is very busy. I would like to keep him on as cogm. Or if he would like to go back to Orlando it’s up to him. I hope this is okay with you guys. BDL is important to me. You have my word I will not quit or threaten to anymore. I look forward to rebuilding this team how I had set out to. 

I'm gonna go on record as saying this kind of stuff is not conducive to running a league like smoothly and successfully. It's already a challenge to meld 16+ minds and ideas without constant back and forth like this.

I really enjoy you counselor but at some point the see sawing has to stop.

That said I'm one of 16 and hold no away on the matter and it seems like others don't mind at all. So even though you never left, welcome back.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

I'm gonna go on record as saying this kind of stuff is not conducive to running a league like smoothly and successfully. It's already a challenge to meld 16+ minds and ideas without constant back and forth like this.

I really enjoy you counselor but at some point the see sawing has to stop.

That said I'm one of 16 and hold no away on the matter and it seems like others don't mind at all. So even though you never left, welcome back.

Fair enough. As expected 

44 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Hey guys I get to start looking at college players to draft next week.  I'm excited 

I'm excited to start getting accurate Ht Wt Hand size and Arm lengths for my 150 person BB.

• Like 2