BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Practice squad idea is certainly intriguing. Can the others handle that responsibility? Do others want that responsibility?

Things to consider, is the turnaround time to complete this transaction.  

The new team attempts to sign the player to their active roster, so the original team would need to be notified somehow and be provided a fair amount of time to either make the player active on their own roster, to prevent the new team from stealing him away.  Then we run into the issue of making a player active when irl he could be listed on the inactive or some other NFL status.  Then you'd need to provide the guys doing the updates to the spreadsheet time.

Just seems like a lot of additional work imo. 

14 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Things to consider, is the turnaround time to complete this transaction.  

The new team attempts to sign the player to their active roster, so the original team would need to be notified somehow and be provided a fair amount of time to either make the player active on their own roster, to prevent the new team from stealing him away.  Then we run into the issue of making a player active when irl he could be listed on the inactive or some other NFL status.  Then you'd need to provide the guys doing the updates to the spreadsheet time.

Just seems like a lot of additional work imo. 

Yeah I agree with this. Even if we shorten the season (I haven’t stated thought on this), that’s a lot of unnecessary work for the spread sheet people. While it’s fun we should respect the time that people already put into this. I’d be fully on board if we were making a salary for this leauge.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:05 PM, SirA1 said:

Again this is stuff that veteran owners just know from being here for awhile and is something that we need to clarify. I am planning on a complete revamp of the rules from top to bottom this summer but it's something that is going to take about 2 months to get done. It's not something that we can just instantly react to and get and instant update like Mike thinks. He has a different mindset about running a Mock/SIM so I don't fault him for that.

We implemented a lot of rules changes this past summer that are just now going to start going into effect for the most part. We need to see how those work before going to try to tinker with things anymore. Or else we end up doing stuff like making 2 different Salary cap adjustments in the same year before seeing how the first fix worked.

I don't think that what @Hockey5djh and myself are looking for is anything that would or should take 2 months to complete.  I'm just looking for clarification on what the current rules are, not looking to add anything that isn't currently a rule already.

I'm not certain how long it took you to write out the current rules, but I wouldn't think two months considering that a large chunk of what's currently there was borrowed from the guidelines I had created for tcmd.  I don't think anymore than a weekend would be needed to change or add some additional wording to make it clear and concise would take 2 months to complete.

Again, we aren't asking to have the bible rewritten just to get clarification on some things.

Here are the rules, with comments I put in that I think would help, again I'm more than willing to help out with this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ELastFqylVSdg5A0FqgXSWXJRJpFskZ0iMwWtazCqZs/edit?usp=sharing  

Can we please consider having a winter meeting?  I think we've got enough information to discuss.

Prolonging all of this to the summer meeting, which would be after the draft, free agency things are going to get rejected because by that time we'd be three knuckles deep into the offseason and I see little changing at that point. 

31 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Can we please consider having a winter meeting?  I think we've got enough information to discuss.

Prolonging all of this to the summer meeting, which would be after the draft, free agency things are going to get rejected because by that time we'd be three knuckles deep into the offseason and I see little changing at that point. 

we had one last year, theres a probabiliyu we will have one this year.  The draft isn't until march, leaves us all of non football feb

remember how you talked about burnout, this is a good month to just sit back and relax

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

To be fair half the changes we'd be making would have impacts on those, it makes sense to wait and see what last year's changes would have on FA/the draft. 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

we had one last year, theres a probabiliyu we will have one this year.  The draft isn't until march, leaves us all of non football feb

remember how you talked about burnout, this is a good month to just sit back and relax

I was burnt out mainly because of the game planning cutting into the holidays, but more specifically the game planning is what I was burnt out on.  Offseason is a completely different ball game.  Not saying we need to do one now, just that we get ready for it in february.  I still think we could get the guidelines revised over the weekend and at least start compiling the topics for the meeting.  

You know me man, I can't relax during this time of year, I prefer the offseason over the season, crazy I know...haha.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

To be fair half the changes we'd be making would have impacts on those, it makes sense to wait and see what last year's changes would have on FA/the draft. 

Not sure I follow.

So you're saying any changes we decide on in this upcoming meeting wouldn't take effect until the following season?  Is that just for the summer meeting or both winter and summer?

16 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Not sure I follow.

So you're saying any changes we decide on in this upcoming meeting wouldn't take effect until the following season?  Is that just for the summer meeting or both winter and summer?

i believe, and i can't believe i understand him mind you, he is saying we don't know how the new draft and free agency rules will affect this year as they were passed late summer last year

Just now, bcb1213 said:

i believe, and i can't believe i understand him mind you, he is saying we don't know how the new draft and free agency rules will affect this year as they were passed late summer last year

Right, it sounds to me like if things are agreed upon in the summer meeting that they don't take effect until the next season.

All the more reason to have this Winter meeting.

If I'm looking at the right information pertaining to the last bdl summer meeting, the blue text was passed and the red declined.  It changes the salary cap to reflect what irl league cap is, in this case it increased to 177,250 I believe.  Prevents contracts from exceeding 5 years.  PFA scramble order flipped.  Increased the min. offer from 40% to 50% and 3 ups are 75% now across the board.  I don't see the need to wait to see how these are going to affect the league by letting them play out before discussing other topics.

I'm not trying to make this difficult, but waiting until the summer to have this meeting sounds like any changes we decided on wouldn't take effect until the following year.  Where a winter meeting, would allow us plenty of time to incorporate the changes this year.  Sorry man, just having a hard time on why we would want to delay it until the summer.  

BDL Summer Owners Meeting 2018 (7/23/18-8/3/18)

Topic 1: Match BDL Salary Cap to previous years' NFL Salary Cap. This would repeal and replace any previous BDL Salary cap formula increases.

Topic 2: Add a Franchise Tag at the Avg of the Top 5 BDL players salary fo UFA's.

Topic 3: Reduce the FA Max Contract size for BDL players from 6 to 5 years.

Topic 4: Increase # of years on mid and late round draft picks (Rounds 5-7) from 3 years to 4 years.

Topic 5: PFA Scramble order flipped from first to worst for Round 2.

Topic 6: Increase the minimum opening bid in FA from 40% salary to 50% salary.

Topic 7: Reduce the amount a 3 Up contract is based on from 85% to 75%.

• Like 2