BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

18 minutes ago, MD4L said:

@Counselor I ❤️ you buddy but it seems like fake news about 4th overall pick being traded. 👀

On 3/31/2019 at 1:49 PM, WFLukic said:

I already have another deal agreed for 4 so I can tell you now your chances are non-existent.

I’m just reporting the news bud

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jlash said:

pheltz is winning this exchange if anyone is keeping track.

A fan of the team that watches every game knows the the true impact of the players of said team, not someone that throws a couple stats out and tries to link and it to said reasoning.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PR said:

A fan of the team that watches every game knows the the true impact of the players of said team, not someone that throws a couple stats out and tries to link and it to said reasoning.

We have called you out about this before. Appreciate the ability to earn first downs with an elite dual threat. Remember the rushing ability being an asset in the redzone, and the ability to torch defenses when he gets into a rhythm with a strong arm.

Cam Newton is a high level quarterback. Accuracy issues be damned.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MD4L said:

We have called you out about this before. Appreciate the ability to earn first downs with an elite dual threat. Remember the rushing ability being an asset in the redzone, and the ability to torch defenses when he gets into a rhythm with a strong arm.

Man was throwing ducks last year.  Hopefully the surgery fixed that otherwise he's done 

6 hours ago, MD4L said:

Oh wow. Running for first downs. Bra-fing-vo. He has accuracy issues whether it is long or short. You cant win a championship if you cant make a pass accurately when it matters. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PR said:

Oh wow. Running for first downs. Bra-fing-vo. He has accuracy issues whether it is long or short. You cant win a championship if you cant make a pass accurately when it matters. 

Completed a career high 67% last season. He’s accomplished more than you ever thought capable already. That arm injury was significant last season.

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Completed a career high 67% last season. He’s accomplished more than you ever thought capable already. That arm injury was significant last season.

That's box score scouting at its finest.

I grew up in Charlotte, and try to catch as much of them as possible, so long as it doesn't interfere with the Titans. Cam was decent to start last season, but the moment he opened his mouth and said he's having his best career statistically, everything went downhill for him. Sure, you can look at stats and draw your conclusions, but anyone watching the games could see he was playing terrible. 

24 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

That's box score scouting at its finest.

I grew up in Charlotte, and try to catch as much of them as possible, so long as it doesn't interfere with the Titans. Cam was decent to start last season, but the moment he opened his mouth and said he's having his best career statistically, everything went downhill for him. Sure, you can look at stats and draw your conclusions, but anyone watching the games could see he was playing terrible. 

Obviously. Carolina was 5-2 before he hurt his shoulder. The completion percentage thing is important anyway you evaluate it as that’s the normal rate for good passers.

It’s funny to believe Jay Cutler or Jared Goff can lead to the promise land and not Cam Newton.

• Like 1