BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I mean you gave up a 2020 top 16 pick and honestly probably a top 5 pick in 2020. Pick 45 and a top five third round pick... a little bit different. 

Maybe but I don't even care because I'm ecstatic with the draft results. The freaking Steelers drafted the one player I actually wanted from the first round and they didn't even give a crap about what it was going to cost them and really when you think about it it didn't cost them very much any other team makes that trade and they're giving up a future first-round pick not us not us

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Maybe but I don't even care because I'm ecstatic with the draft results. The freaking Steelers drafted the one player I actually wanted from the first round and they didn't even give a crap about what it was going to cost them and really when you think about it it didn't cost them very much any other team makes that trade and they're giving up a future first-round pick not us not us

Honestly no other team would have had to give up a future first either. Because it’s Elway and he is horrible and getting trade value. 

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

He won't play end. They'll play him as a LEO. 

I think Allen versatility is his best trait (and again, I'm much lower on Allen than most). Put him at end, he can drop back on zone blitzes or rush. Put him at LB he can cover a TE, drop in a flat or blitz. I would have really liked him in Detroit for instance, where Patricia can use him as a Dont'a Hightower. I think Jacksonville as more straight up defense, rush 4, play man (and I know they tweaked a bit their defensive staff with Capers coming in so that might change). I don't love Allen in that, but maybe I have a flawed vision of what Jax runs on D.

10 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Ok wow.  We had Jawaan Taylor, Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams, DK Metcalf, Cody Ford, and AJ Brown taken top 19 in BDL.  All of them slid to the RL 2nd round.  

Ya'll suck.

:looks at own draft pick:

Well ya know the draft is an inaccurate science, people drop all the time for various reasons...

59 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I think Allen versatility is his best trait (and again, I'm much lower on Allen than most). Put him at end, he can drop back on zone blitzes or rush. Put him at LB he can cover a TE, drop in a flat or blitz. I would have really liked him in Detroit for instance, where Patricia can use him as a Dont'a Hightower. I think Jacksonville as more straight up defense, rush 4, play man (and I know they tweaked a bit their defensive staff with Capers coming in so that might change). I don't love Allen in that, but maybe I have a flawed vision of what Jax runs on D.

If it's capers they may try him in the old clay Matthews role 

6 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I've been saying it on the main thread, but Josh Allen is not a good fit for Jax. Guess he'll start as rotational/subpackage player, but down the road, I'd rather see him as 3-4 LB or as a SLB on a 4-3. Don't think he's good as a pure end in a 4-3, and I don't see him playing elsewhere in Jax.

Other terrible landing spot is Marquise Brown. Nothing against the player, but we saw Lamar couldn't complete a pass to John Brown last year. Even if Hollywood is a better player, I don't think Ravens offense will allow him to show his skills as much as other offenses. Plus their interior OL is terrible, which isn't great to develop a deep passing game.

I obviously disagree on Marquise.  1. I think he is a better route runner right now than John Brown. 2. I think they can use him on short and underneath routes to get easy yards. 3. Lamar will have another year to develop and he certainly has the arm to get it downfield.  

Top fits - Byron to the Colts.  Irv to the Jags. Rock to Raiders. Thornhill to Dallas.  Cashman to GB in the 3rd.  Pipkins to anyone with a bad OL.

10 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I obviously disagree on Marquise.  1. I think he is a better route runner right now than John Brown. 2. I think they can use him on short and underneath routes to get easy yards. 3. Lamar will have another year to develop and he certainly has the arm to get it downfield.  

Top fits - Byron to the Colts.  Irv to the Jags. Rock to Raiders. Thornhill to Dallas.  Cashman to GB in the 3rd.  Pipkins to anyone with a bad OL.

Muprhy to the Colts would be ideal for them. I had them trading back in the end of the 1st for him in my mock. Put him inside, or outside and slide Moore inside and he's an instant starter for them I think.