BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

19 minutes ago, Counselor said:

After Nelson I hope

Already said that, but yes.

I have to seriously think about that one.  Trying to look at the totality of the circumstances.  Elite level talent on a rookie deal, Mike's unwillingness to move 2020 picks is a very good sign, his team is in win-now mode, Orlando might have cap issues trying to sign all those picks compared to having Nelson, Orlando has a lot of picks(9 after this trade), Wichita could use more picks for a rehaul...there is a lot that makes sense.  

But it is a massive deal for a non premium position.

I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow or Friday unless pheltz approves beforehand.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I have to seriously think about that one.  Trying to look at the totality of the circumstances.  Elite level talent on a rookie deal, Mike's unwillingness to move 2020 picks is a very good sign, his team is in win-now mode, Orlando might have cap issues trying to sign all those picks compared to having Nelson, Orlando has a lot of picks(9 after this trade), Wichita could use more picks for a rehaul...there is a lot that makes sense.  

I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow or Friday unless pheltz approves beforehand.

Ok attitude 

29 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

What's to think about?  It's sounding like because I'm leaving after this offseason, that I'm attempting to "game the system" because some of you don't agree with the value of the trade.

If this isn't the case, then you're losing the what makes these sim/mocks great which is individualism and the freedom of the GM/owner to build their team.  The trade council should only be there for one reason, to prevent someone from unloading all their draft picks or trading away the value of their roster with the intention of damaging the mock/draft.  If you think that's what I'm doing, deny it and I'll move on.  Not going to go through the entire debate on why my roster is better off with nelson than the draft picks I'm attempting to trade for him.     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

What's to think about?  It's sounding like because I'm leaving after this offseason, that I'm attempting to "game the system" because some of you don't agree with the value of the trade.

If this isn't the case, then you're losing the what makes these sim/mocks great which is individualism and the freedom of the GM/owner to build their team.  The trade council should only be there for one reason, to prevent someone from unloading all their draft picks or trading away the value of their roster with the intention of damaging the mock/draft.  If you think that's what I'm doing, deny it and I'll move on.  Not going to go through the entire debate on why my roster is better off with nelson than the draft picks I'm attempting to trade for him.     

czbwdvi8iz711.gif

I have no say in the matter but I don't get the fuss about the Nelson trade. If Orlando had given this to jump to 1.4 in the draft where Nelson was taken, wouldn't it be approved? Only difference is 1 less year of rookie contract for Mike but the insurance Nelson isn't Chance Warmack

Good deal for both parties I believe 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I have no say in the matter but I don't get the fuss about the Nelson trade. If Orlando had given this to jump to 1.4 in the draft where Nelson was taken, wouldn't it be approved? Only difference is 1 less year of rookie contract for Mike but the insurance Nelson isn't Chance Warmack

Good deal for both parties I believe 

Jump from where? Now we're adding hypotheticals to justify the trade? 

Just now, Jlash said:

Jump from where? Now we're adding hypotheticals to justify the trade? 

If we have a trade this year (or if we had it last year): 1.4 for 1.7, 2.14 and a couple of low rounders. Wouldn't it be approved?

Cause Nelson was taken 1.4 last year and nothing justifies imho him not being worthy of this pick a year later ...

• Like 3

Trade calculator says Mike gives value 2665.  PR gives vake 1800 if we were looking just pure numbers wise and saying Nelson is pick 1.4.  So essentially Mike is losing this trade by about the 21st pick in the draft.  Again just purely numerical and not my choice whether to approve or not 

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Trade calculator says Mike gives value 2665.  PR gives vake 1800 if we were looking just pure numbers wise and saying Nelson is pick 1.4.  So essentially Mike is losing this trade by about the 21st pick in the draft.  Again just purely numerical and not my choice whether to approve or not 

That is point value without NFL priduction though. Drafts are all hit or miss until those players come to the NFL and can prove they can produce. Nelson did.