BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Also not valid cause you didn't raise it by 5%.

Why I am helping an owner this established is beyond me.  I'm gonna shut up and just let the clock run out next time.  

Why I am helping an owner this established is beyond me.  I'm gonna shut up and just let the clock run out next time!!!!!!

******* stupid. Yes lets pay the guy the money he already has been paid on his original BDL contract again just because he has one year left on his original deal. 

I mean I don't think we are paying a guy what he's already been paid we're paying a guy the total cost of the contract. I don't know I don't really have an opinion on this subject I don't care either way but I don't think it's that serious in most cases you talking about nickels and dimes

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I mean I don't think we are paying a guy what he's already been paid we're paying a guy the total cost of the contract. I don't know I don't really have an opinion on this subject I don't care either way but I don't think it's that serious in most cases you talking about nickels and dimes

They front loaded his contract. Gilbert had a deal before this year based on that. Now I have to pay the front load for his one year left. 

Just now, PR said:

They front loaded his contract. Gilbert had a deal before this year based on that. Now I have to pay the front load for his one year left. 

You could’ve given him a short term deal. Look at 37 year old tackles getting 5 year deals lol.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

You could’ve given him a short term deal. Look at 37 year old tackles getting 5 year deals lol.

Short or long is the same price 

2 minutes ago, PR said:

Short or long is the same price 

Clearly if you are frustrated about the paying the front end of a deal offer him a short term and get it reworked when he tests the market.

• Like 1

I'm making a new proposal for the owners meeting.

I'm suggesting we eliminate the ability to make an offer from last year's on a free agent without significantly increasing the offer and I'm talking way over 5%. It sort of cheapens the free agency Concept in this format when you can pretty much run up the price on somebody and enable yourself to just three down the player The Following season

Just now, wwhickok said:

I'm making a new proposal for the owners meeting.

I'm suggesting we eliminate the ability to make an offer from last year's on a free agent without significantly increasing the offer and I'm talking way over 5%. It sort of cheapens the free agency Concept in this format when you can pretty much run up the price on somebody and enable yourself to just three down the player The Following season

And signing 37 year old tackles to 5 year contracts isn’t another cheesy way to combat the system?

I’m not running up a price on anyone. I want the same guy you do.