BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

So this is where we have a sticky situation. Gilbert was traded so his new contract counts as an extension so his spotrac number includes his old contract in his average salary. PR is trying to take half of just the new extension amount. So what is right?

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

So this is where we have a sticky situation. Gilbert was traded so his new contract counts as an extension so his spotrac number includes his old contract in his average salary. PR is trying to take half of just the new extension amount. So what is right?

He only has one year remaining on his contract. I took his one year left and halved it.

Edited by PR

4 minutes ago, PR said:

He only has one year remaining on his contract. I took his one year left and halved it.

Yeah I know what you did. I’m saying I think Lukic is looking at the total contract because it was an extension not a brand new contract. I don’t know what is right 

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Am I missing something? Donovan Smith has a cap hit of 12.5 million dollars in 2019 half of that is 6.25

Go to spotrac and look at his average salary, not cap hits.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Am I missing something? Donovan Smith has a cap hit of 12.5 million dollars in 2019 half of that is 6.25

Smith just signed a new 3 yr(s) / $41,250,000 deal.   At 3 years he has to make a minimum of 20,625 total salary which comes out to 6875 per year.

• Like 2

OK I'm loggin off for the night. I'll catch stuff up when I get home tomorrow afternoon around 4pm.

Please read the FA OP when making bids. We've pretty much dialed it in to a science.

Contract = Total Money

Salary = Avg per year

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

OK I'm loggin off for the night. I'll catch stuff up when I get home tomorrow afternoon around 4pm.

Please read the FA OP when making bids. We've pretty much dialed it in to a science.

Contract = Total Money

Salary = Avg per year

Praise SirA for his ability to keep this ship afloat. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

Carolina Intimidators

QB Cam Newton 3 years $15,000 (5k/year)
OT Trenton Brown 3 years $3,000 (1k/year)

Trent Brown’s starting offer is

$8250 per year