BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Im the new guy. Its important that I preface what I am about to say with that.

From here on out we need to stick to deadlines unless a unanimous vote to change a deadline occurs. When it comes to rule enforcement and system enforcement it needs to be to the letter of the law the team owner meetings are the proper platform to change them. While I may or may not necessarily I completely agree with what Whicker is saying he is making a point worth listening to.

I for one reject Whickers resignation and refused to accept that we need to replace him he's a good owner in this league and the last thing we need to do is lose good owners

@Whicker

Edited by wwhickok

BDL Free Agency occurs much later than they NFL because we like it that way, Normally starts the end of May/Early June. This gives time for all the contracts to settle down and also teams to add those last few pieces they need for the upcoming year.

The 2019 FA Schedule (on a rotating basis)
1. OL/QB - The Essentials Week (June 3rd-9th)
2. DB/DL/LB - Defense Week (June 10th-16th) I'm going to be out of town the 12th-17th so will need help updating stuff this week.
3. RB/TE/WR/FB - Skill Players Week (June 17th-23rd)

Basic Rules
Free Agent Deals and Extensions can range from 2 to 5 years.
If a multiple year contract the lowest yearly salary is $501
A team’s active bids may not exceed the salary cap.
In FA a player will continue to be bid on until 48 hours has elapsed from the previous bid. The initial bid has to be within the week of that position groups free agency period. 

If an offer stands for 48 hours without a new bid then that player will automatically be signed by the winning team and locked on to your roster for the current year. You cannot take a bid back so please bid accordingly and make sure you have the cap space. Please try not to edit your posts as we will be using the timestamp for bid verification. If you do edit your edit time will be the official start time of the bid.

The League Minimum is $501 per year. In FA a player will continue to be bid on until 48 hours has elapsed from the previous bid. The initial bid has to be within the week of that position groups free agency period. 

Any bids on FA players must be a minimum of 2 years. 
Any bid on a player has to maintain a 50% basis of their real life salary
To be a 4 year contract, salary has to be greater than $1,500
To be a 5 year contract, salary has to be greater than $2,000 and maintain a 60% basis of their real life salary.

For contract totals that are $5,000 and under the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $250.

For contract greater than or equal to $5,000 but less than $10,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $500.

For contracts greater than or equal to $10,000 but less than $20,000 the current offer needs to be beaten by at least $1,000

Contracts greater than or equal to $20,000 the current offer must be beaten by $2,000

For every extra year added you must add at least 85% of the leading bids salary to the total contract size. 

For every year decreased in a offer in free agency, you must increase the yearly salary by 5%.

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

New Orleans have enjoyed a drama free offseason and are ready for FA :)

It feels good.

I've wanted to comment on the proceedings for a while now but I've been asked by member I respect to refrain from adding my opinion because "it doesn't help anyone". So I'm more of a listener these days.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

It feels good.

I've wanted to comment on the proceedings for a while now but I've been asked by member I respect to refrain from adding my opinion because "it doesn't help anyone". So I'm more of a listener these days.

What proceedings 

On 29/05/2019 at 11:46 PM, Jlash said:

Also a lot of the players in my UFA/RFA section are just listed as #n/a with only positions and salaries, no names. Not sure how that gets remedied. @TedLavie @Ragnarok

Those are the RL FA. Basically names are extracted from spotrac rosters, and those rosters do not include RL FA.

For now we need to live with it if that's ok with everyone

edit: nvm it's fixed now

Edited by TedLavie
  • Like 1