BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

Looking to trade for a TE or IDL depth. Preferably looking for either fairly cheap contracts or a 1 year deal if it's a more expensive contract.

Also, who do I talk to about getting Baldwin officially off my roster?

You talk to Baldwin and tell him to file retirement papers Irl 

Just a suggestion.

What if you offered money as a reward for having the best written game plan as well as best response.  Perhaps do it quarterly or something.

Money is important in this for obvious reasons, I can't tell you what @Counselor will do for a dollar, but it's a lot...haha...so for every quarter or even weekly if you wanted to get that involved in housing another vote each week.  But, giving say $500 to $1000 away for the top voted game plan and the same to the top voted response.  So those that really do get into writing these elaborate game plans are rewarded and the ones willing to read and respond are rewarded and if it doesn't interest you to read and write these massive plans and responses then the only thing you're really losing is the amount and the luxury of not having to listen to it any longer, bad enough we read any of these game plans, then have to play it out in our heads as to win or lose and knowing which ever direction you decide you've got to listen to how we didn't understand the game plan.  At least we don't have to think we're being bias when we do vote.  

So make some changes please.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

Just now, bcb1213 said:

You talk to Baldwin and tell him to file retirement papers Irl 

That sucks...Just a crap spot to be in where there is a fine line between retirement and being retired.  Should vote on this at the next meeting.  I believe we should change the rule on this.  

23 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Fair. But he's also not even on the Seahawks website even under their exemption lists and such. The man said his watch has ended! Those are the game of thrones words!

This doesnt help you now but I think there should be a little wiggle room to free up cap during the season.

Maybe where irl free agents on your roster can get released for a fraction of their salary.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

This doesnt help you now but I think there should be a little wiggle room to free up cap during the season.

Maybe where irl free agents on your roster can get released for a fraction of their salary.

It is what it is. Once I saw that he hadn't actually filed retirement papers (did not realize this when I started calling for his release) I knew it would be iffy. I just thought/hoped that his numerous public statements that he retired would be good enough.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

It is what it is. Once I saw that he hadn't actually filed retirement papers (did not realize this when I started calling for his release) I knew it would be iffy. I just thought/hoped that his numerous public statements that he retired would be good enough.

Yeah its why that trade cost a hirer draft pick.  Basically traded him to free up cap.

48 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Just a suggestion.

What if you offered money as a reward for having the best written game plan as well as best response.  Perhaps do it quarterly or something.

Money is important in this for obvious reasons, I can't tell you what @Counselor will do for a dollar, but it's a lot...haha...so for every quarter or even weekly if you wanted to get that involved in housing another vote each week.  But, giving say $500 to $1000 away for the top voted game plan and the same to the top voted response.  So those that really do get into writing these elaborate game plans are rewarded and the ones willing to read and respond are rewarded and if it doesn't interest you to read and write these massive plans and responses then the only thing you're really losing is the amount and the luxury of not having to listen to it any longer, bad enough we read any of these game plans, then have to play it out in our heads as to win or lose and knowing which ever direction you decide you've got to listen to how we didn't understand the game plan.  At least we don't have to think we're being bias when we do vote.  

So make some changes please.

You talking real money or cap space? Lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

I'll be busy stapling my scrotum to a 2x4 when that game is on.

Leveon helped me win in one league this week. But he didn’t do enough to beat me in another league. So this is good. Staple away old man. Skins probably so saggy you are going to need a lot of staples.