BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

14. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Derrick Brown, INT, Auburn
INT isn't the most pressing need for Berlin but I think Brown is by far BPA here and would be a great addition to that defense. Berlin only has one starter-level guy (Quinnen Williams) signed for next season. Brown is athletic and explosive. Not only that but he gets great penetration, which is something I know Rags values.

9. Berlin Blitzkrieg (via Singapore): Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
Berlin just traded for David Johnson but he's not quite the player he used to be and certainly isn't worth the price tag he has. I could see him being 3 downed this offseason. This leaves Ragnarok with a huge hole that a player like Etienne can fill. Etienne has great speed at the RB position and can break off runs leaving everyone else in the dust. He doesn't have ideal size and he needs to get more patient but you can't teach speed.

14. Berlin Blitzkrieg: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
Despite the fact that Tom Brady seems like he will play forever, he is getting up there. It wouldn't be a bad idea to grab a potential successor and backup, especially since Berlin currently does not have one. I'm not as high on Herbert as many others are but he certainly has the size and tools to be successful. And we all know that Rags is a size queen who likes guys with big tools. Herbert certainly has plenty of potential and would not be a bad get at the bottom of the second.

14. This would definitely be a BPA choice.  It really depends on how Taven and Hand develop and if I re-sign Leonard.

9.  I like Etienne a lot.  I will probably keep D Johnson for another year while I decide how to handle Guice and Jones, but Etienne is an option here.

14.  Herbert is great with a nice pocket, but he scares me when he gets pressure.  But...a definite possibility.  

So...I value great penetration, I'm a size queen, and I like big tools?  Love you too.

54 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Braden Smith =stud

I had Smith as OL3 going into that draft class, loved him as a prospect. Drove me nuts seeing people rank him as a 5th rounder or lower. Like, do these people watch football?

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I had Smith as OL3 going into that draft class, loved him as a prospect. Drove me nuts seeing people rank him as a 5th rounder or lower. Like, do these people watch football?

I had him high too but I get it.  That auburn offense was so gimmicky hard to get a solid read.