BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Jack Riley Show - Interview with owner of Cuba Smugglers, @MD4L

Good Evening and welcome to the Jack Riley Show.
You got a big win over Portland this week. 

Good win. Those are hard to come by

Calm down that wasn't a question.

With Gotham coming up next week, do you feel like you can take advantage of the upset they suffered at the hands of WSR at all?

No. Gotham beat us week one this season. They have our attention this week.

Are you looking forward to the season finale matchup with Lancaster?

I look forward to Gotham this week on the road. 

How many actual smugglers do you have on your team?

They all are. Once a Smuggler always, hence the welcome to Cuba posts we always do for FA.

What has been your biggest accomplishment/ failure as an owner?

Biggest accomplishment: Hard to say. We’ve made the final four twice and that required winning in the playoffs, so there’s that. 

Biggest failure: Making bad trades, failing to acquire depth on a consistent basis with my other teams.

Do you have an idea of who you might draft in 2020?

I imagine someone who will help the team.

You can answer that, that was a question.

Who do you feel the biggest threat to Cuba is in the playoffs?

Whomever we play. I think there are some elite teams out there.

Best Owner, other than yourself?

SirA, Ted, Pheltz, Jlash, Lukic, PR. 

Worst?

I can’t answer that question. 

What has been the most impactful roster move you've made this season good or bad?

Keeping the team intact. We’ve got a good team now, but it takes proving it every week to be anything better.

Anything you'd like to add?

Preparing for a high level Gotham team.

Thank you for your time.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I am seeing you as 12 and IC as 13. What are you seeing?

We have the same amount of wins and the vote differential is me at -32 him at -30. I should be 13 and him 12. Because I have a greater negative number when it comes to votes and we have the same amount of wins. 

Jack Riley Show - Interfiew with Seoul Dragons Owner, @TedLavie

Welcome to the Jack Rioey show, thank you for sitting down with me this morning.

A last second loss to ICBR has to be a tough pill to swallow. How do you keep the locker room focused after a loss like this.

Nothing better than a game against our best rival to refocus

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Is there any one area of roster right now that you feel is holding your team back?

Wide receiver, OL, pass rush, secondary - you name it. I'm not 2-7 for nothing

Obviously this isnt the season you envisioned for Seoul, what went wrong?

It actually was envisioned. It was always going to be a rebuilding year for me with a rookie QB, some againg veterans I wanted to trade. Only disappointment is how my young secondary guys have performed so far, especially Sidney Jones.

Are there any roster moves you're particularly happy with?

I like almost everything I've done in the offseason so far

Any that you regret?

Probably the trades of TY and Slay were a bit premature. I should have waited a couple of weeks to extract better value out of those deals

Who do you believe the best Owner is, other than yourself?

If we take into account the amount of work put to run this league - SirA. If we don't - bcb.

Who do you feel the worst owner is, other than yourself?

Probably Xmad based on track record and current state of the team, though he did trade raped into getting Mahomes so he has that going for him.

If the draft were tomorrow Seoul is selecting who with their first pick?

Chase Young

Is there anyone on your roster right now that you can say with certainty will be a candidate to be released in the offseason?

Eric Berry, Telvin Smith

Who gets the biggest contract from Seoul after the season is over?

AJ green, Dragon for ever

Anything else you'd like to add?

Singapore may win the Pacific this year, but they ain't winning a game against Seoul

Good luck the rest of the way and thank you for joining me.

• Like 2

Jack Riley Show - Interview with owner of the Williamsport Soul Reavers, wwhickok

Welcome to the Jack Riley show, thank you for sitting down with me this morning.

Some people refer to you as a loose cannot and conspiracy theorist, do you have a response to that?

I started out that way, acting and talking based on emotions. I've learned to accept help and put in the work and not take things personally. I feel I've backed off the loose cannon theorist thing a bit.

Last year, you said you expected to be a playoff team, what went wrong?

Yeah, I did say that. I made a lot of roster moves with a vision in mind but then as time went on that vision changed. I realized I made some moves I shouldnt have and overestimated my situation. It's been a learning experience but I have tried to make the best of it.

What do you feel the biggest weakness on your roster is at the moment?

Wide Receiver and its not close. I dont have a true #1 WR. I have to be more creative than most when it comes to offense for that reason.

What do you feel your biggest Strength is?

I really think it's a tie between my Secondary and my QB. Dak has been doing really well as has our young secondary, specifically the CBs.

Is it fair to say the results of this season have been a disappointment?

Yeah that's fair, but it's been eye opening, it perhaps will ultimately be the best thing that happened to me as an owner moving forward.

Are there any roster moves you're particularly happy with?

Honestly I was really glad to acquire Chris Carson, I feel like he really stabilizes our running attack.

Any that you regret?

Mike Williams or Lavonte Davis. I could've gotten a lot more value out of those guys at the very least. 

Who do you believe the best Owner is, other than yourself?

There are a lot of good owners but I have to tip my cap to Cuba. MD4L has really stuck with his plan and made it work.

Who do you feel the worst owner is, other than yourself?

That's a loaded question... jesus.. worst owner, I mean, idk I think the owners in the worst situation are Picke Rick and Orca with Hawaii. They took over a team and it has talent but it also lacks talent in key areas. It's so close to being really good and they're making the best or a bad situation.

You've got Portland on the horizon, what do you think of their team?

We lost our first matchup, didnt get a single vote. If you think for a second I'm not out for blood, you're fooling yourself. But I also cant let revenge guide me. I gotta do the best evaluating and gameplanning.

Is there anyone on your roster right now that you can say with certainty will be a candidate to be released in the offseason?

Probably Ben Roethlisberger. His contract is just too high and with how well Dak is playing, I cant justify keeping him.

Who gets the biggest contract from WSR  after the season is over?

Dak Prescott. I mean...its not even close 

Anything else you'd like to add?

I think people under estimate me as an owner but for good reason. I think my 2nd full season in the league will be much improved from this season. .

I'd also like to say thank you to all of the owners and co owners around the league that have offered me help and guidance even when I wasn't the most willing listener. Its definitely helped shape the path of my team.

Good luck the rest of the way and thank you for joining me.

Thank you, it was a lot of fun

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You guys did an awesome job on the interview responses. Loved them all for different reasons, Counselor and Pheltz' were hilarious, others were more serious, some a bit laid back. Everyone provided their own personality. Great work guys and thanks for making it fun.

Thank you for doing them. Suggestion: next season, do like an interview a week. That way you can keep this going as a weekly thing and can really get different questions about specific situations coming up.

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Imagine not being on his list...

:(

• Like 1