Would Eagles trade Wentz for the world?

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, showtime said:

I keep saying this.  When a young QB who is not established in the league gets a season ending injury, you can't just assume he returns to form.  We've seen this with Derek Carr.  Deshaun Watson was electric as a rookie and at times looked unstoppable - He sure didn't look that way this year.  Wentz was the MVP front runner and while he was good this year, it wasn't like his MVP caliber season.  AND Wentz got hurt again this season.  And, the Eagles team has been EXTREMELY successful without Carson Wentz. 

I'm not saying Wentz sucks and he's not worth trading for or that the Eagles should even consider trading him.  I'm just saying, this may not be all it's cracked up to be.

Derek Carr I agree. Watson I think had been playing at an unsustainable rate last season with Hopkins and Fuller doing a lot of heavy lifting. He just came back down to Earth. 

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

There is the story that he prefers being a backup...

The Philadelphia Eagles’ Super Bowl MVP quarterback can’t satisfy everyone when he says he is content being Carson Wentz’s backup this year rather than seeking a trade so he can to start elsewhere. It isn’t enough for some that he’s willing to subjugate his ego for the good of the team.

Jason Whitlock, for one, certainly isn’t buying what Foles is saying.

The co-host of the daily sports TV show “Speak for Yourself” alongside Colin Cowherd on Fox Sports 1, Whitlock ripped Foles on Tuesday for sounding “like a guy that doesn’t want the responsibility of being a starting quarterback.”

Ain't nothing wrong with trying to get in where you fit in. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Here's the problem I have - you can't trade Wentz because you're in no way, shape or form guaranteed to have Foles on the roster next year, even if you want to commit to Foles. 

Foles is not technically under contract next year (yet). Well, he is and he isn't.  The thing that people forget is that it's a mutual option between the Eagles and Foles. Even if they eagles decide to pick it up, Foles has 5 days to opt in / opt out. If he chooses to opt out, he pays two million to the Eagles, and then he's a free agent. The eagles could not then franchise tag him is my understanding. And if you're foles, coming off two straight super bowls, why in the world aren't you putting yourself on market to every available team that needs a quarterback? 

There's language in the contract that the Eagles agreed not to franchise him? Color me skeptical. Incredibly moronic move by Roseman, if true. 

45 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

There's language in the contract that the Eagles agreed not to franchise him? Color me skeptical. Incredibly moronic move by Roseman, if true. 

My understanding is that he can opt out to become a free agent. If you tag him, it precludes him from being a free agent, right? But maybe they can? There's no language precluding the tag I know that, but that'd seem like some dirty negotiating lol. You'd think with a team and player option that wouldn't be allowed 

If they can, then he basically makes 3 million more

@Heinz D.

Reading up on it. So foles can buy his way into FA by paying the eagles 2 million and declining the option. The eagles can then turn around and franchise him. Lol that is the dumbest thing ever. So he can basically pay them two million to tag him and he will make a couple million more.

I really thought the language would be written so that he was buying his free agency as media reports suggested, but I'm guessing not

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

It will take multiple first round picks plus good players on rookie deals to get wentz. Maybe only the raiders could actually do it.

I don't think a qb of Wentz calibre at his age has ever been traded.

Yannick Ngakoue, Jalen Ramsey, #7 overall, #38 overall, and 2020 1st round pick for Wentz. Maybe we pull the trigger.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

How about more recent tape, such as the last two seasons with him not being able to finish either season due to injury.

carson wentz had over 20 tds and under 10 ints while completeing 70s percent of his passes this year.

he sucked though.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

carson wentz had over 20 tds and under 10 ints while completeing 70s percent of his passes this year.

he sucked though.

He sucks?  Well, if that's your opinion then fine.  My post clearly states that he has miss the past two seasons (this current season and last season) with a season ending injury.  That is a MASSIVE red flag for me.  If you don't think so, then more power to you.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

He sucks?  Well, if that's your opinion then fine.  My post clearly states that he has miss the past two seasons (this current season and last season) with a season ending injury.  That is a MASSIVE red flag for me.  If you don't think so, then more power to you.

im an eagles fan i was giving you crap cause you are underselling him.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

It would be a red flag if it were something like....snapping your leg in half (which, as recent examples have shown us with Gordon Hayward/PG13 in bball and Carr, then Theismann back when etc, is a really more concerning injury). 

Or maybe if Carson had torn his same ACL twice. Or each of his achilles two separate times. 

You cant just look at it in a vacuum and say "SEASON ENDING INJURY!!!! RED FLAG RED FLAG!!!" 

People act like Carson is like, the Brandon Roy of football. Please.  Stop.

He broke his wrist in college.

He stayed healthy the entire 2016 season for his rookie year. Not sure where this 'he cant finish a season' moronic theory came from. 

He played in 29 straight games to begin his NFL career, looking like a future elite QB on the way, before he finally had hia first ever serious injury in week 14 of 2017-2018 season.....then proceeded to come back in 9 EFFING MONTHS and play incredibly well. Lets just say we were not 5-6 because of him. We WERENT 1-10 because of him though. 

And this back injury is literally just because he is a 25 year old who was a virgin until he got married (gasp) halfway into this season, right before he started looking hurt. 

Hmmmm

Archived