packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

11 minutes ago, SSG said:

I went back and watched McCarthy's today for reference.  I didn't think MM was any more or less impressive than LaF was today.  MM might have been a little more comfortable but that's to be expected.  McCarthy had served on the Packers staff.  He'd knew and worked with Ted Thompson and coached Brett Favre.  Green Bay, their fans and their tradition weren't new to him.

https://www.packers.com/video/packers-name-mike-mccarthy-head-coach

Lol man being a HC ages a person in dog years

14 minutes ago, SSG said:

I went back and watched McCarthy's today for reference.  I didn't think MM was any more or less impressive than LaF was today.  MM might have been a little more comfortable but that's to be expected.  McCarthy had served on the Packers staff.  He'd knew and worked with Ted Thompson and coached Brett Favre.  Green Bay, their fans and their tradition weren't new to him.

https://www.packers.com/video/packers-name-mike-mccarthy-head-coach

He spent a year in the U.P. of Michigan coaching for NMU. The U.P. is Packer territory completely different than Lower Michigan. No lions games (rightfully so) are broadcast up here over the Packers.

• Like 1

The most interesting takeaway for me was when Murphy said he was most excited about the relationship between Gute and LeFluer. Gute didn't speak much at the presser but I really believe he could be the Packers version of Stearns, and if he and LeFleur can have a great working relationship, success will follow. It also confirms to me that despite what some think - Murphy will not have his hand in the day to day operations. He was essentially handing the wheel off to those guys entirely with that statement

LeFleur was obviously nervous but settled in during the presser

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The most interesting takeaway for me was when Murphy said he was most excited about the relationship between Gute and LeFluer. Gute didn't speak much at the presser but I really believe he could be the Packers version of Stearns, and if he and LeFleur can have a great working relationship, success will follow.

LeFleur was obviously nervous but settled in during the presser

Stearns has the reins and freedom to do a lot of what he does. It's painfully obvious Gute does not.

Murphy is a big-mouthed control freak. And it was on full display at the presser.

Loved when the reporter asked who LaFleur will report to. And Murphy disclaims "he'll report to me".

2 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Stearns has the reins and freedom to do a lot of what he does. It's painfully obvious Gute does not.

Murphy is a big-mouthed control freak. And it was on full display at the presser.

Loved when the reporter asked who LaFleur will report to. And Murphy disclaims "he'll report to me".

Did this actually happen?

And you're way overboard with the rest lol this Murphy **** came out of nowhere

5 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Of course he will. So what. That doesn't mean Murphy will be dabbling in personnel and play calling. You're butt hurt we didn't hire McDaniels. That's all this is. Go be a Patriots fan if you can't get over it. Murphy obviously handed the reins over to those two with his comments. 

Edited by cannondale

3 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Gute has freedom with the roster, really all that matters.

Is Murphy on the hot seat next couple years?

He kept TT on 4-5 too many years and allowed him to destroy the Packers via draft and lack of FA in last half of career.

He allowed MM to keep Capers when he should have been let go circa 2014

He kept MM way past his tenure (should have parted ways with the whole staff after 2014).

Now he has hired Gute

If LaFleur flops hard to say how this doesn’t reflect on Murphy’s leadership. Plus he has been CEO of Packers for like 11 years.

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Of course he will. That doesn't mean Murphy will be dabbling in personnel and play calling. You're butt hurt we didn't hire McDaniels. Go be a Patriots fan if you can't get over it. That's all this is. Murphy obviously handed the reins over to those two with his comments. 

LOL at you if you think Gute is gonna have freedom with personnel decisions. 

And I never wanted McDaniels and even said I'm happy we chose LaFleur over him. Keep talking out of your --- though. 

2 minutes ago, Slinky said:

LOL at you if you think Gute is gonna have freedom with personnel decisions. 

And I never wanted McDaniels and even said I'm happy we chose LaFleur over him. Keep talking out of your --- though. 

I'm the one talking out of my --- ? You're the one making up conspiracies on the fly. Gute handles personnel. Murphy doesn't have the time or expertise to be involved in personnel. If you have a link feel free to share it - otherwise you are just spewing garbage

Edited by cannondale