packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

Really didn't see this coming. Not the first time I've been wrong but I thought it would be automatic he got a job

When I say things MM lovers don’t want to hear they jump on my back.

I suspected this would happen. If you get fired from GB (glacial at making changes) then you are almost blackballed from the league.

I mean if MM had a decent QB (not great) that would be one thing and more teams would give him a look . He had Aaron Magical Rodgers and still couldn’t deliver more success. A guy who even Tom Brady and B.B. marveled at. A guy who Tom said would break records under B.B.. 

So I assume in the inner NFL circles of GMs there was a stigma about the Packers specifically MM. I believe it began after the 15-1 season and cemented with the 2014 NFC championship collapse. MM was not a “elite” coach, just a “good” coach employing an old offense scheme (West Coast). He got lucky with AR as his QB.

Unfortunately it may be the AR goes down in history with only one SB win and appearance. Even Farve at least had 2 appearances.

Kind of makes you wonder what would have happened if Packers went with Sean Peyton instead of MM.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

him

Haha maybe I just think those things are garbage. I felt terrible Parkey had to be interviewed in the locker room after that ****. IDK why it's required. Though I loved watching Brett sit on the psych couch every game and go on for ages. He was so ******* open those later years. Last time I cared to watch them. 

I get how Moss was irritated he had to do it but just because I would hate it. Been on live radio a bunch (not by choice). ******* annoying. Lol just my temperament I guess

4 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

I suspected this would happen. If you get fired from GB (glacial at making changes) then you are almost blackballed from the league.

I mean if MM had a decent QB (not great) that would be one thing and more teams would give him a look . He had Aaron Magical Rodgers and still couldn’t deliver more success. A guy who even Tom Brady and B.B. marveled at. A guy who Tom said would break records under B.B.. 

So I assume in the inner NFL circles of GMs there was a stigma about the Packers specifically MM. I believe it began after the 15-1 season and cemented with the 2014 NFC championship collapse. MM was not a “elite” coach, just a “good” coach employing an old offense scheme (West Coast). He got lucky with AR as his QB.

Unfortunately it may be the AR goes down in history with only one SB win and appearance. Even Farve at least had 2 appearances.

Kind of makes you wonder what would have happened if Packers went with Sean Peyton instead of MM.

Sean has just as many SB appearances as Mike.

18 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

Well breaking news Jets just went with Gase for HC, basically rejecting MM. The only team who interviewed him.

Just like with Mike Sherman, nobody wants our fired coaches lol.

MM with all that success will likely sit out the season and maybe some bottom cellar franchise calls him next year.

Badgers 2020

52 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Have you ever seen a Bill Belichick presser? He’s absolutely god awful in pressers but still managed to be the GOAT. I wouldn’t pass judgment off one press conference. 

Shrug, it’s all I have to go on at this point.  Hope I’m wrong. 

I guess I’m just surprised at anyone having a more than neutral view of this press conference when I thought it was just short of a dumpster fire. 

He kinda reminded me of The Simpson’s squeaky voiced teenager, but maybe I’m being melodramatic. 

10 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

Insanely reasonable. Think retreads don't sell well when it's the young new mcvay era too. But yeah. I feel ya. Defended Mike more than most but turned ship this year long before the other defenders did. It was obviously time. I probably come as a company man too much but I think **** is put under the microscope too easily without perspective from fans of one specific team and try to pull it back from the extremes. My thing with football and life in general

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Just watched the whole thing and I'm clueless how anyone could watch that and not come away happy with the choice.

Reading here I was expecting to be let down or something, but it was an absolutely fine presser. Very genuine guy, personable, not as gruff and staccato as McCarthy. He's warmer and highly intelligent - both those things come through strongly IMO.

Also shaking my head at any Murphy criticism...literally can't fathom what he might have done wrong in the presser :D

Just solidifies my knowledge that some people just literally need to complain about something/anything. It's a personality flaw. Oh well!

Murphy can be painful at times . I wanted to hear more from Gute actually. LeFleur settled in. Still a crapshoot

5 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

Sean has just as many SB appearances as Mike.

That is irrelevant as Sean was on a different team with a completely different make up. Assuming he had 1 SB in NO and thus would only have 1 SB in GB is absurd.

People forget for years the NFC North sucked. The Vikings and Lions were bottom dwellers. The Bears always choked because of Cutler.

I won’t say MM had the EASIEST Division in NFL, but it wasn’t very hard to win the division. Sherman took us there a lot and he had to face a Vikings team with randy moss and Culpepper and a bears team with Urlacher.

Just now, PackGymRat said:

That is irrelevant as Sean was on a different team with a completely different make up. Assuming he had 1 SB in NO and thus would only have 1 SB in GB is absurd.

People forget for years the NFC North sucked. The Vikings and Lions were bottom dwellers. The Bears always choked because of Cutler.

I won’t say MM had the EASIEST Division in NFL, but it wasn’t very hard to win the division. Sherman took us there a lot and he had to face a Vikings team with randy moss and Culpepper and a bears team with Urlacher.

Sean Payton is a better coach than Mike. I agree. But it submits Ted wasn't a bad GM because they never had the dips

CHOOSE ONE lol