Titans OC Search

Titans fan 617

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

He worked with Pees in Baltimore. As their OC he lead them to a super bowl ring. The whole "Is Flacco elite" phrase. 

I thought about him and I personally wouldn't hate it. 

I think he's a guy who's gotten a bad rep from fans for some reason (maybe because of his stoic expressions).

Funny how Jim Bob Cooter was the guy credited for Matt Stafford's rise in play, only to see Stafford take a step back once Caldwell left (with JBC still at OC)...things that make you go hmmm.....

Just thinking out loud here, and Andy Reid might block it, but what about Eric Bieniemy? That Chiefs attack of the power spread is exactly what I think we need. Bieniemy doesn't call the plays in KC, so could be another chance at a "promotion" here. The biggest negative with a guy like him is that I think he'd probably be another one and done OC candidate if we could get him here. I gotta say I love Vrabel, but I can already tell trying to find a good OC that can actually stay for a few years is always going to be a continuous ball buster for us with a Defensive minded HC.

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

My thought would be that playing to Marcus’ strengths would also be playing to the vast majority of college QBs strengths. So even if Marcus is gone in a year, any QB you draft is likely going to be pretty familiar with spread/power spread concepts.

I was going to post something similar. While we may think a spread offense may be the best fit for Mariota, he's shown flashes of fitting in different systems. He had a couple monster games under Whiz (a couple of 360+ games, a couple of 4/0 games, etc). He then had arguably his best season under Robiskie (after really struggling under Micheal). And while he struggled most of this latest season with injuries and consistency, he had his highest completion %, 2nd highest rating, 2nd lowest int %, along with some other pretty decent advanced metric standards. 

So he's not tied to any one system. He's shown that versatility throughout, even if it's hampered his growth. 

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

I think he's a guy who's gotten a bad rep from fans for some reason (maybe because of his stoic expressions).

Funny how Jim Bob Cooter was the guy credited for Matt Stafford's rise in play, only to see Stafford take a step back once Caldwell left (with JBC still at OC)...things that make you go hmmm.....

On the flip side, Stafford was playing like garbage before promoting JBC mid-season or whatever.

27 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Just thinking out loud here, and Andy Reid might block it, but what about Eric Bieniemy? That Chiefs attack of the power spread is exactly what I think we need. Bieniemy doesn't call the plays in KC, so could be another chance at a "promotion" here. The biggest negative with a guy like him is that I think he'd probably be another one and done OC candidate if we could get him here. I gotta say I love Vrabel, but I can already tell trying to find a good OC that can actually stay for a few years is always going to be a continuous ball buster for us with a Defensive minded HC.

if we want to poach from the reid tree i think mike kafka, their qb coach, is a more realistic option.

35 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Greg Roman is someone I'm interested in

Arthur Smith would be a terrible and uninspiring hire. I get the continuity, but come on man...would be as asinine as the Munchak promotion to HC

I just read an article on Music City Miracles that breaks down why Arthur Smith Could be a legit candidate for OC. It’s a pretty interesting read.

23 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I just read an article on Music City Miracles that breaks down why Arthur Smith Could be a legit candidate for OC. It’s a pretty interesting read.

I just peeped that. Made me like him more honestly.

Interesting:

Archived