Titans OC Search

Titans fan 617

Without a slam dunk in house promotion, I'd think the FO would play the wide net narrative, so if/when they promote from within, they could try to sell the fan base that we looked at the diverse group of qualified candidates, but their guy was the best option. 

They may be deep into their search, but not having heard anything makes me think it'll be an outside hire. Just thinking from the PR perspective... It would be hard to sell Smith or O'Hara without the fan base. 

If we don't hear anything this week, we may be looking at the guys still in it... Namely Kafka, but maybe Carmichael as well (same promotional opportunity as Lafleur last year, and the reasoning behind Helfrich this year)... But there aren't any connections there at first glance... So I don't know. From NE, with McDaniels being OC/QB coa h, it's hard to see if anyone else is ready to make the jump. And with the Rams' Taylor headed to Cinci, I dont know too much about co-coordinators. 

Other than that, I can't see any advantage to waiting and taking our time as other teams thin out the market. Even if they have been talking to guys and keeping it under wraps (this is almost guaranteed), unless they're waiting for Kafka, I'm sure this will be the week we hear something. 

14 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Kubiak just makes too much sense not to happen, so it’s not gonna happen lol

That’s exactly how I feel has HC experience knows how to call plays & Lafleaur was his student, 🗣 why not replace the student wit the master 

11 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

That’s exactly how I feel has HC experience knows how to call plays & Lafleaur was his student, 🗣 why not replace the student wit the master 

It's also highly doubtful he'd leave for a head coaching position any time soon.

i know the front office runs a tight ship when it comes to this stuff, but still strikes me as weird how quiet things have been so far. makes me feel like we’re either gunning for someone on one of the remaining playoff teams or just going to promote in-house. hopefully it’s the former, lol.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Feel like we might be waiting on someone like Chad  O'Shea with the Patriots. 
Has to be someone in the playoffs right?  

That's what I was thinking... if we don't hear anything this week, it has to be from one of the reamining teams.  Unfortunately with McDaniels as the OC/QB coach, you don't hear much about anyone else. Schlupinski is the name I heard, as it seemed McDaniels was set to take him with him to Indy last year as OC. 

I kinda had my eye on Kafka and Carmichael... but with either of them or anyone from that Pats, we're still going to face the challenge of a new system once again. 

At this point I'm not even particularly concerned with continuity. Just get the right man for the job. Honestly wouldn't mind simplifying the offense a bit anyway and giving Marcus a little more control, which is probably what should've been done last year to begin with.   

Archived