Titans OC Search

Titans fan 617

55 minutes ago, ShupacTakur said:

At this point I'm not even particularly concerned with continuity. Just get the right man for the job. Honestly wouldn't mind simplifying the offense a bit anyway and giving Marcus a little more control, which is probably what should've been done last year to begin with.   

Yeah. If it's an easy system to pick up, then it don't matter if it's new. 
If it's Gruden's (Spider Y 2 Banana x Fly Right Z 18 Cross Ghost Recon Under Zip with a Uni-Brown Curl on Gate)  Then yeah..lol that gets complicated.  But if we just go to an: 34 X Cross.  Then alright. :) 

We can have continuity with our coaches and philosophy/reads and still have a new scheme. I think. lol

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Any reason why we didn’t go after Munch for OL coach? If the GOAT OL coach becomes available, you go after him and tell this Carter bum GTFO.

Munch reportedly wanted to be in Denver no matter what because his daughter is there for some reason.  From sounds of it, it was Denver or bust. 

I’m convinced we are waiting on somebody in the playoffs.. We might run a tight ship but this is insane to not Atleast have one interview scheduled lol. I understand wanting to hire the right person but how will you knw until you interview somebody 

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

I’m convinced we are waiting on somebody in the playoffs.. We might run a tight ship but this is insane to not Atleast have one interview scheduled lol. I understand wanting to hire the right person but how will you knw until you interview somebody 

If so, hopefully they have back-channeled the hell out of it. Not a fan of banking on one person unless the team is 100% confident they can make it happen. 

18 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

If so, hopefully they have back-channeled the hell out of it. Not a fan of banking on one person unless the team is 100% confident they can make it happen. 

My problem wit banking on one person is, what if that person interviews and it turns out it’s not the fit we imagined. But since we waited have to settle because the top choices are gone. That’s what I’m scared of

I dunno why everyone is freaking out. Jon Robinson has proven at the very least he's a competent GM. Mike Vrabel brought in LaFleur and Pees as his coordinator hires last year. Just settle down, we're not being run by some clown show. It's not Ruston Webster and Munchak/Whisenhunt anymore.

2 hours ago, 615finest said:

My problem wit banking on one person is, what if that person interviews and it turns out it’s not the fit we imagined. But since we waited have to settle because the top choices are gone. That’s what I’m scared of

I think they are pretty confident in their possible choice coming aboard. Whoever that is, assuming they waiting on someone in the playoffs. 

And just because the "names" are gone doesn't mean the right fit is gone. 

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I dunno why everyone is freaking out. Jon Robinson has proven at the very least he's a competent GM. Mike Vrabel brought in LaFleur and Pees as his coordinator hires last year. Just settle down, we're not being run by some clown show. It's not Ruston Webster and Munchak/Whisenhunt anymore.

Agreed. I love seeing Titans news so, I wish I was seeing something just for that. Lol 

But I'm confident they will make an informed decision. And have the right fit. 

I am honestly expecting this to be an internal hire and I would expect Arthur Smith if it was and frankly I would not be upset about it.

This is the last season we have Mariota under contract for before we need to decide do we extend long term for big money or look elsewhere next year? I think this is a unique circumstance and because of this continuity will be paramount for the OC which is why it makes sense to keep it in house.

I would also draft a QB in the mid rounds this year if I am the Titans unless they find a back up who can turn into a starter if needed.

Archived