Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

1 minute ago, khodder said:

3 wins and already 1.5 wins above expectations.

just wait until you face the cannibals this week!

i need to drop a few PR points, and have you only beat me by 6 to remain perfectly average.

the downswing starts next week!

1 minute ago, khodder said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we forgot to mention that the 1972 Dolphins were popping champagne last week. Didn't have an undefeated team out of week 4.

Waffles had his first loss this week. To a 0 win team. 

2 minutes ago, khodder said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we forgot to mention that the 1972 Dolphins were popping champagne last week. Didn't have an undefeated team out of week 4.

shows their character that their egos are threatened by an internet forum game.

Some pass defense numbers through week 4 (99% accurate), plan to update again through week 8. Maybe gives some insights into impactt of some positions in sim, at end of year will be interesting to look at the entirety of the defenses that did the best, and worst, jobs against #1 WRs, #2 WRs, #3 WRs and TEs, and hopefully we'll see some trends. Probably will include RBs later too.

vs #1 WRs

hX3hBVc.png

Included each team's #1 CB as I believe Nacho has said #1 CBs are generally covering opposing #1 WRs for about 75% of snaps? Of course no telling who actually gave up what. Either way, figured I might as well include the CBs.

• Best and Worst Breakdown
    • #1 Knights have faced off against: Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Tyler Boyd, and Cooper Kupp. In week 5 Knights continued their dominance against #1 WRs, holding Jarvis Landry to 2 catches, 37 yards and 1 TD.
    • Not much separates the bottom ~7 teams, but going with Fire as worst due to combination of catches, yards and TDs allowed. Fire have faced off against: Davante Addas, Randall Cobb, Antonio Brown and Keenan Allen. Fire continued their struggles against opposing #1s, allowing Thielen to rack up 8 catches, 102 yards and 1 TD.

vs #2 WRs

oeC8w47.png

• #1 Thunder (who's other CB is Bouye, and who fared below average against #1 WRs) have absolutely shut down #2 WRs. This includes: DeSean Jackson, Kenny Golladay, Robert Woods and Mike Williams. In week 5 this unrivaled dominance continued, holding JuJu to 2 catches and 25 yards.
    • Rattlers have allowed 3rd most yards and tied for most TDs, so we'll consider them the worst. They have faced: Adam Thielen, Robby Anderson, Tyler Lockett and Golden Tate. They had a more respectable week 5, holding Robert Woods to 6 catches for 54 yards.

vs #3 WRs

g5r6QsC.png

• #1 Mammoths, who were average against both #1 and #2 WRs, have shut down these opposing 3s: Nelson Agholor, Marqise Goodwin*, Dede Westbrook and Ted Ginn* (held * WRs to 0 catches). In week 5 Tyrell Williams had 3 catches for 30 yards.
    • Pirates, who were good against #1 WRs but torched by #2s, played: Calvin Ridley, Corey Davis, Kenny Golladay and Courtland Sutton. In week 5 the struggles continued, allowing Dede 5 catches for 80 yards.

vs TEs

6z1i2W2.png

• #1 Predators, with safety tandem of Eric Berry [3 GS]/Jessie Bates [1 GS] and Eric Reid, have shut down following TEs: Eric Ebron, Antonio Gates, Zach Ertz and Hunter Henry. Strong play continued in week 5, holding Mark Andrews to 2 catches for 21 yards.
    • Royals, with safety tandem of Ha-Ha Clinton Dix and Anthony Harris, have played the following TEs: Hunter Henry, Eric Ebron, Austin Hooper and Antonio Gates. Week 5 was a better outing considering the opposition, holding Travis Kelce to 3 catches for 40 yards and 1 TD. 

28 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Not much separates the bottom ~7 teams, but going with Fire as worst due to combination of catches, yards and TDs allowed. Fire have faced off against: Davante Addas, Randall Cobb, Antonio Brown and Keenan Allen. Fire continued their struggles against opposing #1s, allowing Thielen to rack up 8 catches, 102 yards and 1 TD.

the hits just keep coming

Archived